How many months to play on 1.5/3?

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would like to know how much time do i need approximately to get to a level where i can play on ...let's say 4 tables on 1.5/3 FL? I have about 2 hours to learn and practice a day.

I am just trying to find out if i should count on earning reasonable money in a few months or that's just a dream.

Was there anybody who got to that level in a few months ?
      Any information on how fast players usually improve their skills would be useful.

Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      That is a difficult question and I dont think that anyone can give you a timetable how fast you go up the limits. There are two many variables such as luck and swings which influence your results.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      There's no formula that will give you this answer just based on starting bankroll and time invested. Many other variables are critically important, such as dedication, relevant existing skills and "talent" (various factors which make you more likely to become a winning player); also, your fortune over that period will be important.

There's nothing unrealistic about a few months to get to 1.5/3, but you shouldn't expect it either. You'll advance as quickly as your own skills and results allow, which could be slower or even faster than that. Perhaps poker will turn out not to be for you and you'll lose it all, but thanks to the wonderful program here the attempt will have cost you nothing.

I am saying that it's realistic based on my own experience, which is as an NL player, but win rates by bankroll requirements are meant to be roughly equivalent for NL and FL. Around the beginning of this year I had $900, which is enough for 1.5/3 by the 300BB rule, and that was two months after I received my $50.

No matter the limit, every cash game is equally real and beating small games will translate into beating bigger games with extra study. Don't worry too much about how much you win in any given month for now, as long as you continue to play the best you can and take advantage of the resources here to improve that, you'll reach the limits you want to be at if you were ever meant to be at them.
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies!