This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

tac3znarf - NL200-NL400 SSS - Pstars

• tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I forgot to have my introduction (this is my 1st blog) and here it is:

My 1st name is Franz Josef and I am from the Philippines. I have been playing live local poker cash games since last year and from there I have learned that there are a lot of freerolls online where I can actually earn seats for Huge Live local Tournament such as the APT/APPT Manila/Cebu.

November last year, one of my poker buddy inforemed me about Pokerstrategy and decided to create an account and get the bonus. I did not play it seriously and did not read most of the materials and end up losing my entire bankroll within two weeks. After that I have abandoned my account and continued playing live games from time to time.

March this year, I decided to revive my online account since we again have online freerolls and real money satellite buyin in one of our local big tourney. I deposited $100 in my Pokerstars account. Within a few weeks and not following any bankroll management, I was able to win some money and increase my bankroll to $900. With $900, I then played NL100 and putting $50 as my initial buy in on each of my table ( 4 tabling).

Suddenly I experienced a huge downswing and when I only had $200,
      I withdrew the money and made my 1st deposit in Fulltilt. My mistake is that I signed up in a different advertiser and my FT account is not link with PS.

During this period I started reading the materials on Pokerstrategy (silver level). I was able to win a lot in fulltilt using SSS. The highest balance I had there was $4500 and I have sold some of the winnings to my poker buddies cause this is the fastest way to receive the money. I also received $500 bonus on their Biggest Bonus ever promo. :)

By the end of July I still hand more than $3800 in my FT account but suffered very huge downswings on Aug and Sept until my roll was down to $1000.

-----
      I have been on a losing streak in Fulltilt for the past two months so I decided to transfer my $1k roll to Pokerstars.

I have decided to create this blog to keep track of my poker games, to have a place to rant and to get rid of the bad luck.

I had a good start this Oct 1 - 5. I won $1600 in just lest than 5.5k hands. I sold $1100 of my roll to a friend since I needed some money and I do not want to use my personal savings. :f_grin:

My current roll is $1700. I am 6 tabling nl200 using SSS and I also play the VIP freerolls every weekend.

October 09 Objectives:

Balance:$4000
      Pstars VIP Platinum VIP: 3800 VPP more needed
      Pokerstrategy Diamond: 5069 SP more needed

I am not really sure of the exact playing time I can dedicate this month since I am also working. I will try to update this blog as soon as I am done with my daily session.

Other PS members' comments are more than welcome.

----
      [B]Summary October 2009
      Balance:$3770
      ($230 short of the objective)
      Pstars VIP: Platinum
      PokerStrategy Diamond :
      (1034 SP short)[/B]

----

November 09 Objectives:

Balance: Win $4500
      Bonus: Purchase $650 bonus - needs to earn 20KFPP
      PS VIP: Reach Diamond - needs to earn 1034 SP
  • 145 replies
    • Pokerzvaigzne
      Pokerzvaigzne
      Bronze
      GL with it
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pokerzvaigzne
      GL with it
      Thanks.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Nice to see another SSS blogger. Pretty sick start of the month :) . Were you always playing just 6 tables? Anyways, if you want to discuss strategy, sweat session or something like that just say so.

My skype/msn: andrej.rizner@gmail.com

I play NL100 on full tilt, hopefully moving to NL200 soon.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      Nice to see another SSS blogger. Pretty sick start of the month :) . Were you always playing just 6 tables? Anyways, if you want to discuss strategy, sweat session or something like that just say so.

My skype/msn: andrej.rizner@gmail.com

I play NL100 on full tilt, hopefully moving to NL200 soon.
      Thanks for the offer. I will try to send you an email a soon as I have an interesting session. I am not really familiar on how to do it since this is my 1st blog and I am not really active in posting hands.

I have tried 9 tabling but I feel that I no longer enjoy the game and I already feel he pressure of multitabling. Right now, I am comfortable with 6 tabling plus I still have the benefit of table selection. Probably if I can win additional rolls I will try 9 tabling again.

Good luck to you as well and I hope you can climb to NL200 in no time at all.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Yesterday was a busy day for me at work. I went home as early as I can after work so that I can have few more hours of playing time just to found out that we have a massive electricity black out in our area. After all the excitement how can I play online without electricity..

As promised here is my early morning session result:

October 8

Win/Loss: $332
      Hands: 636
      Balance: $2030

I was lucky and my good cards are getting paid. I ended the session since I can no longer join juicy tables either there are already a lot of shortstacks on the table or I do not like the position of the open seat.

Some lucky hands:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145975
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145974
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145963

Scared river call:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145962
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      My morning session today was not that good. Most of the time, I was able to put all my chips in the pot while I was ahead but I was being outdrawn. Imagine top two pair on the flop getting outdrawn by a gutshot on the river? I think it is one of those day that lady luck is not on my side.

October 9 (morning)

Win/Loss: - $120
      Hands: 850
      Balance: $1910

This is the 2nd red mark for me this month. :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Currently I am having a good day here at work. I can' t wait until my work day is done so that I can play and win bacl the losses I incurred earlier.

I hope my good cards will not get sucked out this time.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I was able to recover the losses I had earlier today and managed to earn some more. My last hand for this session got sucked out by a runner runner straight that is why I ended my evening session. Besides a few badbeat, wrong pushes and few misclicks I think I did good in this session.

Oct 9 (Evening)

Win/Loss: $270
      Hands: 1010
      Balance:$2150
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      hi, can you give you stats?
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      My saturday and sunday sessions are not that good. I am winning on the early part but because of some suck outs and some badbeats I somehow went on tilt and took a lot of coinflips.

I think I forgot to take some breaks in between and this caused a lot of bad decisions. I will try to pull out some hands next time I am just too tired to do it today.

October 10 and 11

Win/Loss: -$250
      Hands: 3300
      Balance: $1900
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by botftwzor
      hi, can you give you stats?
      Hi botftwzor,

I am using elephant tracker but I do not know how to pull out my stats for the month of October. What I have is my stats for all the games I have played in NL 200.

VPIP: 21
      Fold BB to steal: 80
      Raise preflop: 14.8
      Open raise late position: 39%
      AF: 2.3
      WTSDWSF: 40
      w$SD: 47
      Hands: 23800
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      why you not buy Holdem Manager ? it better +ev...
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I still don't have a credit card. :)

I have used click2pay for deposits thru wiretransfer.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Start of the new week and I think I weekend downswing is already over. I have obeserved that I am doing good in short session and everytime I stayed and played for several hours I end up losing 4-6 BI ($200).

Today I have just played less than two hours and I played a good session. I was of to a slow start, I had a hard time choosing tables since there were only few tables good for SSS and while waiting I end up joining $5 MTT as late buyin. I am already in the money with average stack and 510 players more remaining. I already closed my cash tables since I promised to myself that whatever happens to my session I will end it in two hours since I still have work tomorrow. :)

October 12

Win/Loss: $300
      Hands: 820
      Balance: $2200

----

I lost the tournament within a short period after posting this. I end up winning a total of $24.
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      it nice when you dont have swing :) ) i just want whine:-D now im at nl25 coz downswing kill me..;( my stats like 7/7 for 100hands at table coz no good cards etc=D
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi botftwzor. As what I have learned you need to be focused and patient in playing poker. It doesn't make sense to me to play marginal hands just because I was card dead for the last two orbits or rounds. Moving down a limit is part of the game and it is always a challenge to stay on my current level or move up.

By the way, botftwzor, are you also playing SSS?

If I can maintain my roll, I think I will still be staying in NL200 until I have enough to actually play deepstack in this level.

As of now, I am trying reduce my raising or stealing hands since I have found out it is one of my leaks. I have been raising too much when I am 1st in on SB and late positions and I am having a hard time to evaluate my hands when I have encountered a resistance.
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      yes i play sss
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      when my br was 780 i try to play nl100 but crashed...for 500hands but it was like my AA vs any2 80:20 , 70:40 etc...:)
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      btw where are you from?