tac3znarf - NL200-NL400 SSS - Pstars

• tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I forgot to have my introduction (this is my 1st blog) and here it is:

My 1st name is Franz Josef and I am from the Philippines. I have been playing live local poker cash games since last year and from there I have learned that there are a lot of freerolls online where I can actually earn seats for Huge Live local Tournament such as the APT/APPT Manila/Cebu.

November last year, one of my poker buddy inforemed me about Pokerstrategy and decided to create an account and get the bonus. I did not play it seriously and did not read most of the materials and end up losing my entire bankroll within two weeks. After that I have abandoned my account and continued playing live games from time to time.

March this year, I decided to revive my online account since we again have online freerolls and real money satellite buyin in one of our local big tourney. I deposited $100 in my Pokerstars account. Within a few weeks and not following any bankroll management, I was able to win some money and increase my bankroll to $900. With $900, I then played NL100 and putting $50 as my initial buy in on each of my table ( 4 tabling).

Suddenly I experienced a huge downswing and when I only had $200,
      I withdrew the money and made my 1st deposit in Fulltilt. My mistake is that I signed up in a different advertiser and my FT account is not link with PS.

During this period I started reading the materials on Pokerstrategy (silver level). I was able to win a lot in fulltilt using SSS. The highest balance I had there was $4500 and I have sold some of the winnings to my poker buddies cause this is the fastest way to receive the money. I also received $500 bonus on their Biggest Bonus ever promo. :)

By the end of July I still hand more than $3800 in my FT account but suffered very huge downswings on Aug and Sept until my roll was down to $1000.

-----
      I have been on a losing streak in Fulltilt for the past two months so I decided to transfer my $1k roll to Pokerstars.

I have decided to create this blog to keep track of my poker games, to have a place to rant and to get rid of the bad luck.

I had a good start this Oct 1 - 5. I won $1600 in just lest than 5.5k hands. I sold $1100 of my roll to a friend since I needed some money and I do not want to use my personal savings. :f_grin:

My current roll is $1700. I am 6 tabling nl200 using SSS and I also play the VIP freerolls every weekend.

October 09 Objectives:

Balance:$4000
      Pstars VIP Platinum VIP: 3800 VPP more needed
      Pokerstrategy Diamond: 5069 SP more needed

I am not really sure of the exact playing time I can dedicate this month since I am also working. I will try to update this blog as soon as I am done with my daily session.

Other PS members' comments are more than welcome.

----
      [B]Summary October 2009
      Balance:$3770
      ($230 short of the objective)
      Pstars VIP: Platinum
      PokerStrategy Diamond :
      (1034 SP short)[/B]

----

November 09 Objectives:

Balance: Win $4500
      Bonus: Purchase $650 bonus - needs to earn 20KFPP
      PS VIP: Reach Diamond - needs to earn 1034 SP
  • 145 replies
    • Pokerzvaigzne
      Pokerzvaigzne
      Bronze
      GL with it
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pokerzvaigzne
      GL with it
      Thanks.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Nice to see another SSS blogger. Pretty sick start of the month :) . Were you always playing just 6 tables? Anyways, if you want to discuss strategy, sweat session or something like that just say so.

My skype/msn: andrej.rizner@gmail.com

I play NL100 on full tilt, hopefully moving to NL200 soon.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      Nice to see another SSS blogger. Pretty sick start of the month :) . Were you always playing just 6 tables? Anyways, if you want to discuss strategy, sweat session or something like that just say so.

My skype/msn: andrej.rizner@gmail.com

I play NL100 on full tilt, hopefully moving to NL200 soon.
      Thanks for the offer. I will try to send you an email a soon as I have an interesting session. I am not really familiar on how to do it since this is my 1st blog and I am not really active in posting hands.

I have tried 9 tabling but I feel that I no longer enjoy the game and I already feel he pressure of multitabling. Right now, I am comfortable with 6 tabling plus I still have the benefit of table selection. Probably if I can win additional rolls I will try 9 tabling again.

Good luck to you as well and I hope you can climb to NL200 in no time at all.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Yesterday was a busy day for me at work. I went home as early as I can after work so that I can have few more hours of playing time just to found out that we have a massive electricity black out in our area. After all the excitement how can I play online without electricity..

As promised here is my early morning session result:

October 8

Win/Loss: $332
      Hands: 636
      Balance: $2030

I was lucky and my good cards are getting paid. I ended the session since I can no longer join juicy tables either there are already a lot of shortstacks on the table or I do not like the position of the open seat.

Some lucky hands:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145975
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145974
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145963

Scared river call:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/145962
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      My morning session today was not that good. Most of the time, I was able to put all my chips in the pot while I was ahead but I was being outdrawn. Imagine top two pair on the flop getting outdrawn by a gutshot on the river? I think it is one of those day that lady luck is not on my side.

October 9 (morning)

Win/Loss: - $120
      Hands: 850
      Balance: $1910

This is the 2nd red mark for me this month. :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Currently I am having a good day here at work. I can' t wait until my work day is done so that I can play and win bacl the losses I incurred earlier.

I hope my good cards will not get sucked out this time.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I was able to recover the losses I had earlier today and managed to earn some more. My last hand for this session got sucked out by a runner runner straight that is why I ended my evening session. Besides a few badbeat, wrong pushes and few misclicks I think I did good in this session.

Oct 9 (Evening)

Win/Loss: $270
      Hands: 1010
      Balance:$2150
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      hi, can you give you stats?
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      My saturday and sunday sessions are not that good. I am winning on the early part but because of some suck outs and some badbeats I somehow went on tilt and took a lot of coinflips.

I think I forgot to take some breaks in between and this caused a lot of bad decisions. I will try to pull out some hands next time I am just too tired to do it today.

October 10 and 11

Win/Loss: -$250
      Hands: 3300
      Balance: $1900
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by botftwzor
      hi, can you give you stats?
      Hi botftwzor,

I am using elephant tracker but I do not know how to pull out my stats for the month of October. What I have is my stats for all the games I have played in NL 200.

VPIP: 21
      Fold BB to steal: 80
      Raise preflop: 14.8
      Open raise late position: 39%
      AF: 2.3
      WTSDWSF: 40
      w$SD: 47
      Hands: 23800
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      why you not buy Holdem Manager ? it better +ev...
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I still don't have a credit card. :)

I have used click2pay for deposits thru wiretransfer.
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Start of the new week and I think I weekend downswing is already over. I have obeserved that I am doing good in short session and everytime I stayed and played for several hours I end up losing 4-6 BI ($200).

Today I have just played less than two hours and I played a good session. I was of to a slow start, I had a hard time choosing tables since there were only few tables good for SSS and while waiting I end up joining $5 MTT as late buyin. I am already in the money with average stack and 510 players more remaining. I already closed my cash tables since I promised to myself that whatever happens to my session I will end it in two hours since I still have work tomorrow. :)

October 12

Win/Loss: $300
      Hands: 820
      Balance: $2200

----

I lost the tournament within a short period after posting this. I end up winning a total of $24.
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      it nice when you dont have swing :) ) i just want whine:-D now im at nl25 coz downswing kill me..;( my stats like 7/7 for 100hands at table coz no good cards etc=D
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Hi botftwzor. As what I have learned you need to be focused and patient in playing poker. It doesn't make sense to me to play marginal hands just because I was card dead for the last two orbits or rounds. Moving down a limit is part of the game and it is always a challenge to stay on my current level or move up.

By the way, botftwzor, are you also playing SSS?

If I can maintain my roll, I think I will still be staying in NL200 until I have enough to actually play deepstack in this level.

As of now, I am trying reduce my raising or stealing hands since I have found out it is one of my leaks. I have been raising too much when I am 1st in on SB and late positions and I am having a hard time to evaluate my hands when I have encountered a resistance.
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      yes i play sss
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      when my br was 780 i try to play nl100 but crashed...for 500hands but it was like my AA vs any2 80:20 , 70:40 etc...:)
    • botftwzor
      botftwzor
      Bronze
      btw where are you from?