multitabling

• SuperSeanE
      SuperSeanE
      Global
      Hi there
      I play under the alias SuperSeanE
      I am a professional DON grinder on ipoker at 30 and 50 dollar level depending on where the fish and donk regualrs are at any given moment. Six handed DONs usually. I use sharkscope HUD and pokertracker HUD to help with my decision making because I multitable.

I currently can play around 9 tables comfortably on ipoker. I would like to play more but it is much more difficult than on pokerstars where software such as table ninja can take all of the easy tasks away such as closing down lobbies and registering you automatically for tourneys etc. I can play 16 tables on pokerstars and feel comfortably that it is not affecting my play.

However I want to play more tables on ipoker as I am staying on ipoker for now due to the superb vip rakeback prgramme of around 45% im getting from titan poker due to the volume of sit and gos I play a month.

I would like some suggestions for how to play more tables. Any personal techniques you have for coping with adding more tables and that.

I line up from top left across to top right 3 tables
      Then the same again below
      Then the same again below
      I think this is the tiling method.
      Also top left is the longest running sit and go and bottom right is the newest one thats started.

Any suggestions would be really welcomed.
  • 4 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I used to play around 14-18 tables on ipoker, using "stacked" 9-tile method. The software gave me a lot of headaches though, multitabling is hard on Ipoker.

I think a second screen is superusefull on Ipoker because you need to manualy register for every sng, it's like 3 clicks with mouse and it's tricky if tables keep popping up.

There is also software that makes handling the software just a little bit easier. If you're serious about staying at IPoker it might be worth looking into or investing some $ in. (tableninja was a killer investment at stars :f_cool: )

Or just puss out and move to a platform with good software and lots of traffic, like almost every sng grinder out there :tongue:
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Well for 1 its impossible to 18 table on Titan because max tables you can play there is 16.

I have 2-22inch flat screens when I was a FL grinder I played 16 tables cascading them diagonally across my one screen, 2nd screen is for lobbies forums and any chat irc. The table that needs attention first pops up, its endless clicking . A program to make live easier for ipoker would be helpful if you know of a free one.

Currently though I'm playing SNG's on Titan and normally just 6 to 9 tables. I'm starting to like the DON ones but normally mix it up a bit.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I'm a little off-topic but i have to ask this: SuperSeanE , how are the 6-handed DON's? I see that iPoker players have a strange fascination for them... there are a LOT of those running compared to SNG's.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if Sean is still a member but I think he completely switched to playing 6max DON's. I think this involves a bit of bubble work as it completely changes equity calculations etc. f.e. a lot of hands that are easy folds in 6handed bubbles become calls in 4handed bubbles.

He also said that most the regs were losing players. He played $33 and $55 mostly.