[NL20-NL50] turn check with AA

• xnyk

Do you think that I lose value not betting the turn which is a brick or not? Or is the line I played good for bluff induce? Despite the results, of course. Villain is 20/16/3.3/188 (VPIP/PFR/AF/hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.35) K, 9, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $4.50, MP3 calls $4.50.

Turn: ($16.35) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($16.35) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $7.50, MP3 calls $7.50.

Final Pot: $31.35.
  • 2 replies
    • JoaoMartins
      I think the cbh turn is good to keep PP and second/third pairs in his range of calling/making a river bet, instead of folding to a second barrel.
    • MaestroOfZerg

JoaoMartins has a point, however i find it more useful against tags to just fire away for value on bricks. They might call anyway with pocket pairs since nothing changed on the board, they will always call the turn with Kx and probably the river as well, and it makes you tougher to play against on the flop since they'll know that you usually keep firing, so they're less likely to make your life miserable by peeling lighter, tho it's less of a problem when you are in position.

If you are specifically looking to balance your checking range or mix it up against a good observant tag it's fine, but mostly i'd just continue to bomb that since bet/check/bet is a usual pot control line and tags will mostly fold to the river bet too anyway with pocket pairs.

Hope it helps.