This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Can I lay it down?

• xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      Hello,
      Did I play that bad? Can I lay my hand down on river? I do not believe it is a bluff like ever, but anyway.
      Villain is a fish, probably does not really care of any others hand and is 42/12/2.4/29 [VPIP/PFR/AF/hands]

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2(Hero):
      $70.34
      MP3:
      $25.35
      CO:
      $27.30
      BU:
      $15.89
      SB:
      $15.88
      BB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 4, A, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BU calls $1.60.

Turn: ($5.55) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU calls $4.00.

River: ($13.55) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BU raises to $9.29, Hero calls $5.29.

Final Pot: $32.13.
  • 2 replies
    • JoaoMartins
      JoaoMartins
      Bronze
      The jack is a terrible river card for you. Pocket pairs, Kx, and Ax would prolly only call and not raise, so I think there are no hands on his range (assuming he won't do that with a busted draw) that you can beat. So, betting the river is turning the hand into a bluff. I think I would prefer check/calling the river, but think you can't really fold to a raise with 4:1 odds.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's a clear valuebet against a 42/11, the only hands he could really have that beat us are AJ/4x/QcTc, against which you can oppose all the trashy Ax hands that we still beat. I'd only check/call with some read pointing to his range being composed of more busted draws then Ax, like he would have raised a top pair before or something like that, until then i'm valuebetting to around $8 expecting to get looked up by worse Ax very often.

When he raises it obviously sucks, but given the odds you get if there is any chance he can bluff-raise clubs or turn a weak made hand into a cheap bluff there you have to call it imo.

Hope it helps.