Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $9.10

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) K:heart: , 3:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.60) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP2 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.60) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25 (All-In), MP2 calls $3.25.

Final Pot: $10.10

Played right or just luck ?
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Against such a loose opponent I think I wouldn't even bet flop. But once you do and he calls, you shouldn't bet this turn again imo, cause you'll get no FE.

When you complete the straight then of course you can bet/go broke.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I like this bet on the flop even against this loose opponent. You have 8 clean outs (probably hitting a J or T could be good too against someone this loose) not to mention he is often calling worse (J9, T9, bad backdoor diamond draws etc.) and since he is so passive you don't need to worry about him pushing you off your hand. I like the flop bet.

But as dandy says, you can't bet the turn here because on the turn you have no fold equity. You are getting a free card 99 times out of 100 anyways.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey taifoon,

I like the flop bet, since you have some fold equity and if he calls you will have a little built up pot and it will be easier to extract value. But as said before on the turn you have close to zero fold equity thus a bet doesn't make sense and besides such a passive villain won't bet and get you out of your hand, so just take a free look at another street. On the river, bet hard since he will pay you off with many worse hands.

Regards,
      burek2000