NL50sh need to deviate from ABC poker?

• fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i have been experimening with advanced plays at NL50sh with very little success. is there really a need to deviate from ABC poker (with the occasional resteal) at this limit or can u have a pretty good winrate playing standard?
  • 11 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      uhm yes...

light 3-betting etc.
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      I think ABC poker is fine + some light 3bets PF IP ,u take the pot easily many times and get more action from your top hands
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      One thing I notice is there are a lot of people who don't know how to play their 150, 200+ BB stacks, there are some nice spots to get away from ABC play then.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      ABC should be fine BUT then table selection becomes the most important thing.

Otherwise I've just been trusting my instinct (+stats+reads) and if I feel that a particular spot is good enough to try a play then I go for it... and so far it's showing a decent profit.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Light 3betting sucks imo, but opening up your raise/calling ranges is a cool thing to do.
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Light 3betting sucks imo, but opening up your raise/calling ranges is a cool thing to do.
      Light 3betting suck if you have loose passive opponent, but it can't suck if you 3bet TAG regular who folds 80% to 3bet and another 70-80% to flop Cbet.

Raise - yes, especially for isolating poor players

Call - no, you do not want to play too passive, for most hands it is much more easier to play them agressive
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hunt32
      Light 3betting suck if you have loose passive opponent, but it can't suck if you 3bet TAG regular who folds 80% to 3bet and another 70-80% to flop Cbet.

Call - no, you do not want to play too passive, for most hands it is much more easier to play them agressive
      Well, i meant call raises IP more, for me it's superior to 3betting light because:
      1) You can keep the fish in the pot (no rec player likes regs 3bet, 4bet dickwaving wars bc they don't get to play hands)
      2) Most players know how to counter 3bets these days and obv the real money are made postflop which is impossible if you force everyone out preflop.
      Meh, it's just my personal preference which fits my style better. :)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze

Well, i meant call raises IP more, for me it's superior to 3betting light because:
      1) You can keep the fish in the pot (no rec player likes regs 3bet, 4bet dickwaving wars bc they don't get to play hands)
      2) Most players know how to counter 3bets these days and obv the real money are made postflop which is impossible if you force everyone out preflop.
      Just wonder.. how do they counter 3bets these days?=) I mean when ur OOP what can you do? flat and play OOP in 3bet flop without initiative? Or 4bet bluff?

Im not SH player so im just a fish but i wonder what you meant
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre

Just wonder.. how do they counter 3bets these days?=) I mean when ur OOP what can you do? flat and play OOP in 3bet flop without initiative? Or 4bet bluff?

Im not SH player so im just a fish but i wonder what you meant
      open shove every time when you want to open xD so you wont get 3beted = 100% counter for 3bets !
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      i dont believe the real money is made post flop. if you get a 3bet called, it more often than not doesnt get to the turn
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by ladman
      i dont believe the real money is made post flop. if you get a 3bet called, it more often than not doesnt get to the turn
      Most of the time in 3bet pots, a Cbet usually does the trick which is why I love light 3betting against people who are laying down to cbets a high percent of the time.