MP2 ($144)
      CO ($201)
      BTN ($92.85)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $4

FLOP ($13) 8:spade: 3:diamond: 9:diamond:

BB bets $6, Hero?

BB is 39/11, 31wts, 1.6 af (57% donkbet in 7 hands)/ sample is 100 hands

Which line would you take here? I considered pushing or calling, and I think pushing is better because I get FE (since I expect he bet/folds sometimes) and he'll call me with many draws. On the other hand, if I call I will only be able to continue on the turn if I see a :diamond: , Q or A, or if he checks behind. What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i would call and see how it goes on the turn mainly because he is a donk and hard to read in this spot and u have position.
    • goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      I usually fold in those spots, unless you've seen him do crazy shiii. You don't have that much outs, and about 25% chance to catch an A or Q, which would give you top pair. But if you look at the board, TP alone might come short.

If you think you can get him to fold it, then push, if not then fold
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      i agree with your way of thinking to push, you will get enough FE...
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I like a push here. In my experience donkbets like this are often weakness (looking to get a cheap card for their overcards, straight draw, or flush draw). I mean, even a decent player could play like this: Call your raise preflop with whatever, and donkbet less than half pot on the flop to see if you have overcards or an overpair. Maybe I'm just too aggressive for my own good but I almost always shove against these bets even without reads. If he flopped a monster good luck to him, but chances are he folds.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Against unknown I fold here, against this guy pushing should be fine, even if I don't expect him to fold that much.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What hands will fold to your shove from his range?

What hands will call you from his range and from those hands: is your AQo sometimes ahead or is it continuously behind (ag. eg. PPs etc.)

Call is sub-optimal and I see myself doing this over and over again. Also folding is sub-optimal since u would get exploitable by people donkbetting cheap against u and stuff

Ill leave this open

- Gerv
    • kaleira
      kaleira
      Bronze
      arent you forgetting fold big blind to steal stats?
      if he folds his big blind to much but now he call you, you must be bewhind
      if not you are most of the times ahead of is range
      (sorry for my bad english)