UB 4 handed tables

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      How do we adjust to such a SH game. The positions are kinda strange because if your not in the blinds your either UTG or you have the BTN, so I assume we should be playing a really wide range on our BTN and playing sort of tight UTG, though we should adjust to how the player to our left is playing. EG, if hes tight we can open a little wider, if he is calling a lot stay tight and play for value? Also we are going to have to defend the blinds more? and we won't be able to have an aggressive blind defense just because we won't have such a strong hand most of the time. Are we going to have to take some passive blind defense lines?
  • 12 replies
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      just to correct u, first position isnt UTG , its CO in 4handed play, I guess u played SH so u should prob play the range u would play in SH games in this positions = WIIIDE
      but maybe a little tighter on CO if BU is isolating u a lot and I would say u have to be comfortable in 3bet pots becasue I think there would eb much 3betting (but who knows ho are players on UB)
      GL anyway
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Just play like you would if 2 players were sitting out on your 6max table? If you havent played SH before and/or aren't used to playing loose in CO/BU and restealing (and aren't used to the dynamic this creates), I bet these tables aren't for you ;)

They sound really cool though :f_cool:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      4 handed tables sound awsome!

I would just image that you are on a 6 max table but the first 2 positions are taken. So the first position is like playing from the CO :)

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fakedurrr
      just to correct u, first position isnt UTG , its CO in 4handed play, I guess u played SH so u should prob play the range u would play in SH games in this positions = WIIIDE
      but maybe a little tighter on CO if BU is isolating u a lot and I would say u have to be comfortable in 3bet pots becasue I think there would eb much 3betting (but who knows ho are players on UB)
      GL anyway
      First to act after the big blind is always UTG...

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Under-the-Gun
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      You can play the UTG like open-raising in the CO because the charts are based on equity against random hands yet to act behind you. From there you just adjust to your opponents which should be easier because there are fewer to keep track of and fewer situations because of that. But...

Rant/
      UB is terrible for online poker and it's probably still rigged. There were no consequences in terms of revenue for the last scandal, where's the incentive for preventing another? The mass exodus from a site that is found out to be unfair did not happen like so many people claim before the fact should have. People continuing to play there really fucks up the argument that a site would not compromise fair play at its tables for fear of the consequences of no one wanting to play there anymore. PS does not partner with UB because PS values its integrity. Sure the rakeback and bonuses are great and will keep you above zero during the worst 20k downswing ever experienced in your "poker career" which spans the entirety of your play there like they did with me, but obviously its not worth it.

20k hands of below 50% W$SD (it was never above 50% except for a very short period at the beginning) is a lot considering there was never a period of more than a few thousand hands where my W$SD was below the usual 54-58% rate I have playing at any other site over my other 60k hands played. I gave the place a try and don't like the place for many more reasons than ever before.
      /Rant
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      GL anyway

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Under-the-Gun
      This doesn't apply to 4handed/5handed games.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze

What if there are less than 10 players at the table?

If, for example, there are only 9 players at the table, one early position is no longer counted. If there are only 8 players, two early positions are no longer counted and only one early position remains. With 7 players or less there are no early positions.

Fewer players means fewer positions. The early positions drop first, then the middle, etc.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1374/
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      dude, when u have even FR table when someone leaves than u take out one position and u start at the beggining, positons are based on BUTTON
      so GL understanding this concept and please dont argue
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Lol.. Chill guys. The first one to act after the big blind is always referred to as under the gun.. If it's a full ring table a more precise name would be Early Position 1. Did you even check the link I gave you?

Under the Gun (UTG) refers to the position immediately to the left of the blinds who is always first to act, and therefore has an immense disadvantage of position.

Get a beer or something and get all the anger out of your systems :f_cool:
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

What if there are less than 10 players at the table?

If, for example, there are only 9 players at the table, one early position is no longer counted. If there are only 8 players, two early positions are no longer counted and only one early position remains. With 7 players or less there are no early positions.

Fewer players means fewer positions. The early positions drop first, then the middle, etc.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1374/
      Oh and... You see? Early positions go out EP1 => UTG (and not UTG => EP1)
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze

see this? yes, UTG is imediatly to left of Blinds BUT only in FR games ... 4handed, there is only CO and BU and blinds so u play as u would play on theese position SH
      hope u finally understand this
      cya later
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze

see this? yes, UTG is imediatly to left of Blinds BUT only in FR games ... 4handed, there is only CO and BU and blinds so u play as u would play on theese position SH
      hope u finally understand this
      cya later
      Actually sometimes players call the player left to the blinds on a shorthanded table UTG, too.
      But it is just a term to describe "the player directly left to the big blind".

So on a 3handed table UTG would be the same as CO.
      That means your UTG- opening range at a 4handed table is the same as the opening range on the CO at a fullring table - you're on the CO on both tables.