This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AK - vs tight player (misplayed)

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $50.31
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $38.14
      MP3(Hero):
      $43.67
      CO:
      $2.67

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.75, BB folds, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.75) 3, 5, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.03, Hero calls $4.03.

Turn: ($13.81) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($23.81) K (2 players)
      SB bets $13.22, Hero calls $13.22.

Final Pot: $50.25.
      Results follow:

Can I have some advice so as not to get in this spot again? Very bad play of course. Where to improve? It feels like I should 4bet preflop so as to get a better idea of where I am?
      I don't like my call on the flop but I wanted to see what he'd do on the turn as there is not much he can rep that he 3bets other than a big overpair.
      I sensed weakness on the Turn with such a small bet and so called again - thinking maybe I'm up against just Ace high (although AQ is a possibility). Then the river which is the best and worst card for me. I can't fold to a 1/2 pot all in with tptk and no draws completed, so I call and you can guess what he turns over...

So, maybe 4bet pf and fold to a 5bet? As played, fold on the flop?
      Villain was something like 7/7 when this hand was played (after maybe 50 hands - so should have really suspect a monster...)

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      against a 7/7 a call pf and play his 3bet range postflop IP seems better.

I think you can call one barrel, but when he barrels again your only hope is to split the pot with AK so just fold it there.

As played: thats what happen when you make loose calls... :)
      You are calling for a split in the best case. Don't think I can lay it down, tho it sucks...
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Against such a tight agressive player maybe fold on flop is the best option.

Lets say you have 6 outs.

With calculated additional 10$ of implied ods u made with your call EV = -1,43

Lets see what happen without implied ods: Your call is even worse EV = -2,73

I suggest u to think about that:

If i call this flop what will happen on turn? What will be Villians next move.
      If u aswk yourself like that folding AK is much easier.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

against a 7/7 villain i'd just call preflop, too.
      Although his 3-bet values would be interesting.
      But I'd then fold to his 4/5 pot flopbet.
      What did he have?
      My first guess was AA but as you said: K was the best and worst card, so maybe: KK?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      My guess is AA.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 7/7 I´d just call pf and fold on the flop
      he is not 3-betting you with AQ or weaker hands that you should call one and then try to take pot down on the turn
      against JJ+ you don´t correct odds to call,s o I´d prefer just fold on the flop
      also like folding turn, the same reasons like folding flop, calling river is fine, he may bluff there with worse hands, like JJ