[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AK - vs tight player (misplayed)

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $50.31
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $38.14
      MP3(Hero):
      $43.67
      CO:
      $2.67

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.75, BB folds, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.75) 3, 5, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.03, Hero calls $4.03.

Turn: ($13.81) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($23.81) K (2 players)
      SB bets $13.22, Hero calls $13.22.

Final Pot: $50.25.
      Results follow:

Can I have some advice so as not to get in this spot again? Very bad play of course. Where to improve? It feels like I should 4bet preflop so as to get a better idea of where I am?
      I don't like my call on the flop but I wanted to see what he'd do on the turn as there is not much he can rep that he 3bets other than a big overpair.
      I sensed weakness on the Turn with such a small bet and so called again - thinking maybe I'm up against just Ace high (although AQ is a possibility). Then the river which is the best and worst card for me. I can't fold to a 1/2 pot all in with tptk and no draws completed, so I call and you can guess what he turns over...

So, maybe 4bet pf and fold to a 5bet? As played, fold on the flop?
      Villain was something like 7/7 when this hand was played (after maybe 50 hands - so should have really suspect a monster...)

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      against a 7/7 a call pf and play his 3bet range postflop IP seems better.

I think you can call one barrel, but when he barrels again your only hope is to split the pot with AK so just fold it there.

As played: thats what happen when you make loose calls... :)
      You are calling for a split in the best case. Don't think I can lay it down, tho it sucks...
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Against such a tight agressive player maybe fold on flop is the best option.

Lets say you have 6 outs.

With calculated additional 10$ of implied ods u made with your call EV = -1,43

Lets see what happen without implied ods: Your call is even worse EV = -2,73

I suggest u to think about that:

If i call this flop what will happen on turn? What will be Villians next move.
      If u aswk yourself like that folding AK is much easier.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

against a 7/7 villain i'd just call preflop, too.
      Although his 3-bet values would be interesting.
      But I'd then fold to his 4/5 pot flopbet.
      What did he have?
      My first guess was AA but as you said: K was the best and worst card, so maybe: KK?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      My guess is AA.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 7/7 I´d just call pf and fold on the flop
      he is not 3-betting you with AQ or weaker hands that you should call one and then try to take pot down on the turn
      against JJ+ you don´t correct odds to call,s o I´d prefer just fold on the flop
      also like folding turn, the same reasons like folding flop, calling river is fine, he may bluff there with worse hands, like JJ