NL2 versus NL5

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Moving up limits now. Is the level of skill pretty much the same with NL2 and NL5?

Played 36,000 hands for NL2 and now have $245, which is a very conservative bankroll for NL5.

Thanks
  • 10 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey michaelqian,

IMO, I Don't think the lvl of play changes until you hit NL10.

If someone is going to deposit money they could easily choose from NL2 or NL5. There isn't much difference.
      Ofc your going to find your regs, but you'll soon find out who they are.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I found NL2 NL5 & NL10 the same, things got tough at NL20 for me
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      i asked the similiar quiestion from NL10 to NL20 from NL20 to NL30 from NL30 to NL50 and everytime the same answer: Oooh guy...no difference at all

When i will ask from NL50 to NL100 again nodifference from NL100 to NL200 again no difference from NL200 to NL400 again not much difference

So i think there is no differente beetween limits at all:) ))
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Just had my first session on NL5.

Although I'm 20BB down. I felt really good about it. I lost a stack from a cooler beat, but otherwise won a lot of decent sized pots, stole a lot of blinds and pots from cont.bets.

So far not much difference from NL2. A guy was even generous to donate me 60BB preflop with T8s when I had AA.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      i asked the similiar quiestion from NL10 to NL20 from NL20 to NL30 from NL30 to NL50 and everytime the same answer: Oooh guy...no difference at all

When i will ask from NL50 to NL100 again nodifference from NL100 to NL200 again no difference from NL200 to NL400 again not much difference

So i think there is no differente beetween limits at all:) ))
      The reason for this would be because it's only 1 limit up.

You would notice a difference between NL20 and NL100 though :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I found NL2 NL5 & NL10 the same, things got tough at NL20 for me
      Really, what about the massive difference between SSSers?
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      In my opinion up to NL10 almost no difference. Maybe at Nl10 there are a couple more people able to fold a hand. The regular at this limit is usually the weak-tight multitabling guy. He just plays his card, doesn't defend blinds, plays fit or fold on the flop etc.

At NL25-50 the regular gets a little more agressive, he understands the continuation bet and will steal and resteal a wider range or steal with any two (kinda exploitable). Still they mostly give no attention to their opponents and their play and don't adapt much,

At NL100 where I'm playing at the moment, most regulars use a hud I think and are willing to play back. Also since this is the limit where poker becomes kinda profitable for real, its normal that you can expect people to put some more effort in it.

This is the opinion I made while crossing trough the limits in the last couple of months. Hopefully I can edit that in some time with my NL200 opinion.

And in the the though of our coach Xarry2 (I'm almost sure he said that in one of his coachings, hope I didn't mess up):

In the higher limits, fish aren't better players, they just have more money :)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      In my opinion up to NL10 almost no difference. Maybe at Nl10 there are a couple more people able to fold a hand. The regular at this limit is usually the weak-tight multitabling guy. He just plays his card, doesn't defend blinds, plays fit or fold on the flop etc.

At NL25-50 the regular gets a little more agressive, he understands the continuation bet and will steal and resteal a wider range or steal with any two (kinda exploitable). Still they mostly give no attention to their opponents and their play and don't adapt much,

At NL100 where I'm playing at the moment, most regulars use a hud I think and are willing to play back. Also since this is the limit where poker becomes kinda profitable for real, its normal that you can expect people to put some more effort in it.

This is the opinion I made while crossing trough the limits in the last couple of months. Hopefully I can edit that in some time with my NL200 opinion.

And in the the though of our coach Xarry2 (I'm almost sure he said that in one of his coachings, hope I didn't mess up):

In the higher limits, fish aren't better players, they just have more money :)
      nl100 has messed me up every time i move there shortstacking
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      asked the similiar quiestion from NL10 to NL20 from NL20 to NL30 from NL30 to NL50 and everytime the same answer: Oooh guy...no difference at all

So i think there is no differente beetween limits at all ))

nice :s_biggrin:
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Actually there is quite a big difference, the only one I've noticed so far.

The percentage flop is about on average 5-10% lower for NL5 than NL2.

Although the level of play seems to be the same.