[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH: AJ vs crazy fish

• 7 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Uuuuf just wait a beter chanse. No way to do that.

Were u on tilt??:) ))
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      It's tough when the fish do this but we have to lay it down, I think. Even if he's doing this with 22 (which I've seen), we don't want to be shipping a stack when we're so often behind.

The sick thing is, it's always the one time we call them that they're holding a monster :(
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Uuuuf just wait a beter chanse. No way to do that.

Were u on tilt??:) ))
      Tilt, never... :)
      I consider my the options and decided I'm flipping against his range. AQ would have been insta call against him. AJ is on the edge but I decided to go with the variance.

Originally posted by Tim64
      It's tough when the fish do this but we have to lay it down, I think. Even if he's doing this with 22 (which I've seen), we don't want to be shipping a stack when we're so often behind.

The sick thing is, it's always the one time we call them that they're holding a monster :(
      We are flipping against 22. :)
      And yeah sometimes we will see KK+ but they can do it with worser hands too.
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I like a call here. We may not get a better shot... one of the other sharks may swallow this fish first.

Even if we ship a stack, we are a favouirte to get it back, as we have the button when he's in the BB and pulls these crazy 3-bet shoves.

However, I feel the same way about AJ as you do, that it's right on the edge... along with AT, which is also about 62% to win vs any two cards.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      which is also about 62% to win vs any two cards.

But I'm not sure why we're assuming he's doing this with any two?

The mere fact that we've seen him doing it twice before is hardly evidence that he's doing it with any two. 25 hands is no kind of sample to read into 3bet frequency.

If he'd pushed previously, been called and showed 72o, then it's a much easier call but 100bb on a feeling isn't my kind of move. I don't think the argument that if we don't take our chance now one of the other sharks may take out the fish before us holds water. Because, speaking of water, there are plenty more fish in it...
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey maya,

I don't like calling these kind of spots.

1) there is no need to gamble ~60bbs
      2) he could easily wake up with a hand
      3) you could be flipping.
      4) your better than this guy, wait for better spot. :f_cool:
      5) you haven't seen his hands
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if he´d shove twice before, then it is call
      he is shoving there a lot wider than AJ and you´re likely at least 60% favorite to win the hand