[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ 1 o/c and flushdraw

• Tim64
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.55, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.2) 5, Q, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.4) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, MP3 raises to $3.40, Hero calls $1.70.

River: ($9.2) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $6.00, Hero calls $5.99.

Final Pot: $21.19.
      Results follow:

Advice, please?
      Villain is 63/26 AF 2.0 after 111 hands. Had already taken loads of pots off me by getting lucky with his calls, hence the slightly larger raise to get value.
      How best to play this, please?
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      I think you need to know how fishy this player is and if he bluffs often via some decent reads.

Since his Af and VPIP are quite high, I would assume a loose aggressive fish... I think it's ok to bet the flop but definitely bet more... or if he doesn't fold to cbet much, just check/call.

Then I would likely just take the check/call line on turn and river to let him bluff more or bet with worse pair. It really depends on what read you have on this guy, and if he gets too aggressive (like betting pot on all streets), then I would just give up 2nd pair unless I have a damn good read.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I like your line, but fold to turn minraise without reads, you don't have any reason to cling to 2nd pair with an average flushdraw when faced with such a strong line unless you know something you didn't share with us.

Originally posted by rickydaprince
      or if he doesn't fold to cbet much, just check/call.
      Him not folding to c-bets much is all the more reasons to get value out of whatever crap he peels those c-bets with, hence c-betting there with JJ is fine unless you know from previous experience that he's going to force you out of the hand later on.

Hope it helps.