Increasing the number of tables.

• peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I was wondering if people could offer any advice with regards to this. At the moment I usually play 4 SnG's sometimes MATRIX. My ideal goal would be to play 10+ tables but that is some way off....

Any thoughts would be greatly appretiated.
  • 8 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      do it. multi tabling will increase your $/hr

use tracking programs/table ninja and if you have access get two monitors
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      DON'T rush this.

As you feel comfortable about your own game you can keep increasing the amount of tables you play simultaneously.

But as soon as you notice that you start missing details about your position/stack size/opponent's stats/anything, hold back a bit and play fewer tables.

Practice and over time multitabling will become easier and easier, that's the only advice I can give you.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by Octhellior
      DON'T rush this.

As you feel comfortable about your own game you can keep increasing the amount of tables you play simultaneously.

But as soon as you notice that you start missing details about your position/stack size/opponent's stats/anything, hold back a bit and play fewer tables.

Practice and over time multitabling will become easier and easier, that's the only advice I can give you.
      +1

When I first started playing 4 tables I thought it was hard work lol then I tried 6 and nearly shat myself.

20 tables is do-able now in 10 handed DON's though... Just keep progressively adding more tables. The best indicator is once you are able to do something else while playing such as reading the forum then it's time to add some more tables!
    • SuperSeanE
      SuperSeanE
      Global
      The points every1 has made so far are very true.
      I recently posted a similar thread to this.
      I am struggling to get past playing 9 tables and not losing- by losing I mean that my hourly rate playing 9 tables is higher than my hourly rate for 10 tables.
      I can play 20 DONS at once but I feel that the more I play the less time I can manage to play in one day.

The important thing is to focus on how by adding one more table your game sufers. If your game suffers more than is gained from adding that one extra table then you have a problem. I would if I was you play a good sample of games every time you add one more table and work out your hourly profit to see if it is worth playing that many tables.

Why play 20 tables if you can make more an hour playing 7 and be learning at the same time.

Remember that the main problem of multitabling is that we cannot grow as a poker player when we do so as well as if we were playing less tables. When we are multitabling we are relying on our experince and ability to perform pre set out ways of acting and in doing so while we are still thinking we are not progressing as a player as we are not looking to imporve oiur game or to make better decisions we are just repeating the same decisons whether right or wrong based on the thinking proccesses of the games before in our history if you like.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      lot of wisdom in this thread imo ^^

You can even still learn when playing 20 tables, just grab the hands that are interesting and do sessionreview.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I think i am something in between... i play 6 tables rather confortably. For players with 9+ tables open, can you make long sessions?

Because it doesn't help that much if after an hour you're done if you play 12 tables, since with 6 i can keep going and going and going until i get bored.
      Bronze
      I gained a ton out of the new silver video released on multitabling.

Check it out, it takes piles of things into consideration.

Making sure your mouse is moving very little, making sure your focus
      is on one part of the screen instead of all over etc etc etc

Great watch.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      For players with 9+ tables open, can you make long sessions?
      i 16tabled 8 hours straight during the last super bowl (tripple ftp...)... lost 2,2k ^^
      imo you are getting used to it but i still think it´s better to play like 2-3 hours sessions with pauses in-between.

i think i can´t give good advice because i started "mass"tabling pretty early and i don´t regret it :(