[NL2-NL10] QJs Nl5

• franeczek
      Villain is 31/27/1.6 after 62hands
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($5.73)
      BB ($6.28)
      UTG ($7.62)
      SB ($5.33)
      MP ($4.77)
      Hero (Button) ($5)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, J
      2 folds, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, 1 fold, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.38) J, J, 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.74) 4 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.38, Hero raises $1.85, CO raises $5.05 (All-In), Hero ???
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      I think raising flop is mandatory in a multi pot with a flush draw out there.... but in position, it's ok to just call. Except he didn't bet much, so I would definitely raise to increase the value of the pot.

As played, I think raising turn is not that great, especially to the bet size you made and because a flush hits. Just call and hope to have a FH on river or just play for a small pot without much reads on villian. If you decide to raise turn, it should be smaller to let him call or shove over with worse hands. But I think you have a decent kicker so it's not the end of the world if you call his shove... although you can easily escape it, since you didn't invest too much.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Since i don't expect much 2nd barrels from players at nl5 i'm perfectly ok just raising that flop both for protection and to induce 3bets from flushdraws/overpairs, he could also have a weaker Jx.

Once you raise the turn you have to call it off imo, you can still boat up and he could be doing that with some AhXx redraw or an overpair.

Hope it helps.