[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Tpsk

• calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      Hi - this is the first HH I've posted here so I hope it makes sense.

The hand was played on PKR, which is the most loose/passive fishiest site Ive played at yet. Hadn't been at the table long, but enough to know it was a pretty standard donkey table. In this hand I am not too fussed about my play. On PKR, top pair is usually the nuts, and I figure a better hand RR before the river, given the flop texture (and I'd have most likely have folded) and the river call seemed obligatory since you'd expect all busted draws to bet, perhaps a B/F would have been better, anyways what I'd like some feedback on is the villians line...

UTG: $2.61
      MP: $4.90
      CO: $4.81
      BTN: $6.99
      SB: $10.70
      Hero (BB): $10.63

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is BB with Q :spade: 3 :diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.40) T :club: 2 :club: Q :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.30) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BTN calls $0.80, SB calls $0.80

River: ($3.70) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $3.70, SB folds, Hero calls $3.70

Final Pot: $7.40
      BTN shows T :spade: Q :club: (two pair, Queens, 10s)
      Hero mucks Q :spade: 3 :diamond:
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Well given that it's a multiway pot, I'm not sure BU would bluff against 2 opponents on a dry board. Even if your read was correct, you're only realistically beating a T, but would a T pot/value bet the river? Any other Q beats you (except Q3 too of course). So, I wouldn't call the river pot bet here...it seems that you overplayed this hand. If you think your opponents might make a move on the river, you can consider making a blockbet and hope he calls down with a worse hand, even though there aren't many.
    • calldark
      calldark
      Bronze
      I was beating a bluff which I expect to see 90% of the time here given the standard of play on this particular site.

Its true I wasnt beating any made hand but that aside, I'm really interested to hear opinion on villains play. Flatting top 2 on wet flop/turn, I mean he's losing value on flop/turn vs draws and weaker made hands and who knows if he'd pay off the river if he got sucked out. That aside it did work out pretty well for him so was his line good or bad?
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Even if your read was correct, you're only realistically beating a T, but would a T pot/value bet the river? .
      Oh yes, yes yes yes they would. They would also valuebet any pocketpair, 5 and I've seen them do it with ace king high.

Though I've been having troubles adjusting my play on other sites, because value tends to run at me screaming and there, I like, have to work at it... :s_frown:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I never played on pkr, so by default i'd just start check/folding from the turn onward since when you get called by 3 players in a limped pot usually your TPNK is in trouble. Even if you really think they'll call again with Tx and all kinds of draws it's still somewhat marginal in my opinion being out of position and all, a lot of river cards are gonna be ugly and you can't be psyched about check/calling a blank river either.

As for the villain's play well, overcalling top two pairs on such a drawy board is atrocious, but that was to be expected according to what you say about the play on this poker site, so you wouldn't be surprised.

On a more general note, to me a field of very bad players means you can cut down on those marginal situations where you're guessing for a ton of money, and you'll still find a shitload of people to call you down when you have a better hand, so unless you're a variance junky i'd suggest tightening up a bit to improve your overall results.

Hope it helps.