New ante tables on lower limits!

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Anyone played these?

I've played them today and found them so soft, I mean, they are quite aggressive but people are just pulling senselessly crazy bluffs all the time.

I play NL100 SH btw.
  • 13 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I wish stars had some, they sound pretty cool :(

I wonder how strategies for ante tables differ...

-Jack
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Ya this is aaaawesome
      Wait you play NL100 on FTP? Nick? :f_biggrin:
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Ya this is aaaawesome
      No way... you'll just hunt me down... :D

Just kidding. It's Thiago6891. What about yours? I don't watch the coachings...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Im playing em on NL5 and NL10 they are really nice :D but not so many up and running =/
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      How would strategy differ with an ante? I suppose you'd want to be playing BSS and try to pick off blinds and antes? I play SSS, these would be tables I'd want to avoid right?

Cheers
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Well, maybe you can play SSS with antes, I don't play short stacked but I don't see why it can't be profitable.

Regarding strategies, I don't think there's really any necessity to change your strategy. Just sit down at the table and adjust your game to your opponents.
      The only adjustment I made so far was my PF bet sizing.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i saw the deep+antes NL100 FR tables a couple of days ago and i'm been playing them. seems pretty nice :) lots of deeeeep stacks

Originally posted by Faye6891
      Well, maybe you can play SSS with antes, I don't play short stacked but I don't see why it can't be profitable.

Regarding strategies, I don't think there's really any necessity to change your strategy. Just sit down at the table and adjust your game to your opponents.
      The only adjustment I made so far was my PF bet sizing.
      how have you adjusted your bet sizing?

opening potsize, so $5.10 or something, seems kind of a lot. $4 maybe?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      Ya this is aaaawesome
      No way... you'll just hunt me down... :D

Just kidding. It's Thiago6891. What about yours? I don't watch the coachings...
      Don't think we've played eachother (timezones?), GrenD2 is my nick. I spewed a lot of money on these ante tables yesterday, ran into set over set twiiice :(
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I dont think SSS would be possible would it?
      Wouldnt you just lose too much with the antes?
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      how have you adjusted your bet sizing?

opening potsize, so $5.10 or something, seems kind of a lot. $4 maybe?
      Actually opening pot size is $4.70 if the table is full (short handed). But what I did was take how much I'd usually bet and sum the value of the antes.

i.e.: Let's say in a certain situation the game is 5 handed, so there's $1 in antes in the pot. If normally I'd open for $2.50, in this table I'll open for $3.50.

Sometimes it may seem like a lot but, well, there's more money on the table, so I guess it has to be done.

Higher variance FTW!! :D

Don't think we've played eachother (timezones?), GrenD2 is my nick. I spewed a lot of money on these ante tables yesterday, ran into set over set twiiice :(
      Hmm, interesting. For some reason I have your nick in my HEM database... but no hands... lol.
      What time do you usually play? (ET - FTP server time)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyquest
      How would strategy differ with an ante? I suppose you'd want to be playing BSS and try to pick off blinds and antes? I play SSS, these would be tables I'd want to avoid right?

Cheers
      Yes as SSS, because all are Deep tables.
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      Thiago6891 i only have one big hand on my PT and that was your aces got cracked by kings on the river for a 100bb by cookie101 :(

hopefully ill see you at the tables sometime soon as im just started playing FT again and might try the ante tables, my alias: THEWOBBLEMAN
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Didn't you have a better hand!? Maybe one where I'm cracking AA with my KK. lol!

I was still playing FR back then, now I've been playing SH. If you switch to SH we might run into each other. But I don't understand why you hope to see me at the tables... think I'm some kind of fish? :f_p: