[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS 4 hands

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      UTG+1:
      $4,90
      UTG+2:
      $8,15
      MP1:
      $27,92
      MP2:
      $24,45
      BU:
      $13
      SB:
      $14,40
      BB:
      $26,31
      UTG:
      $4,50
      Hero:
      $5
      MP3:
      $25

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , K:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,25. , Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 checks, Hero checks, BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,50) 3:diamond: , 9:club: , K:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,25, BU calls $0,25, SB folds.

Turn: ($2,25) 4:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $1,25, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $3,50

Re-raise flop? All-in on the turn. That 0,25 bet looked very strange

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      SB:
      $18,95
      BB:
      $25
      UTG+1:
      $21,40
      UTG+2:
      $4,30
      MP1:
      $18,07
      MP2:
      $27,30
      MP3:
      $21,20
      BU:
      $37,92
      Hero:
      $5

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , 3:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, Hero checks, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1,25) 7:club: , 3:heart: , J:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($3,25) 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,25) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25.

Final Pot: $3,75

I can´t beat much on the river, what bet would you call and what fold? I think that 0,25 is good enough

3)
      MP1:
      $38,77
      Hero:
      $3,95
      MP2:
      $5,65
      UTG+2:
      $5,35
      SB:
      $13,60
      CO:
      $24,60
      MP3:
      $24,25
      BU:
      $9,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 3:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 9:spade: , T:club: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP3 calls $0,25.

Turn: ($1,10) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, MP3 calls $0,50.

River: ($2,10) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $2,60

I afraid re-raise, that´s why I only bet 0,25 (standard would be 0,50). Turn brings me trips, but my kicker is very bad. I just bet river to make sure he wasn´t bluffing with me, he would call KT, KJ, 9J, if he re-raise, then it´s fold.

4)
      UTG:
      $18,42
      UTG+2:
      $22,70
      MP1:
      $5,50
      MP2:
      $5,50
      MP3:
      $5,25
      CO:
      $21
      Hero:
      $5,35
      BU:
      $14,30
      SB:
      $6,20
      UTG+1:
      $4,75

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG calls $0,25, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,85) Q:spade: , J:club: , A:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero calls $1,00, UTG folds.

Turn: ($2,85) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $4,60

Actually I should maybe check again and then min re-raise on the turn and whatever comes on the river, directly go all-in.
  • 5 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      1) i wouldn´t raise the flop... of course there is a chance you are ahead but you have to pay to much to find it out. your T simply isn´t a great kicker. with io i think you could call the minbet and hope to improve. turn is a fold then.

2) i like the rivercall. you are getting tremendous odds and you can still beat a pocketpair like 88 or 99. he limped from mp so these are possible hands for him to have.
      btw: what an ugly turncard. when this happens to me i´m always ready to jump out of my window... a strong hand turns into tp with no kicker within 1 sec :P

3) flop is good. maybe you should bet a bit more. but i think when he calls 25c he will call 30 or 40 as well. bet potsize or nearly potsize at the turn. its a drawheavy board and you shouldn´t really take care about your kicker when you are heads up as a short stack ^^. river is ugly.
      check/call seems to be too weak but i would hate to get raised on the river so i would play check/call i think. not sure about this.

4) err nice flop :D . this is one of the really rare cases where i would think about a check/raise on the turn. there is really nothing you can lose to (besides an reeeaaalllyyy unlikely set). but when you check/raise you can go all in on the turn. it doesn´t make sence to minraise and bet somethin like 50c on the river ^^

imho ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1) I'd raise PF if MP2 wasn't too loose. There is enough dead-money in the pot.

NH as played. The flop is tough but even a fold is not awful.

2)Top and bottom pair is deceptively vulnerable. PSB on the flop for me, especially with 4 opponents.

As played, you got to a cheap SD. NH.

3)I'd check/ fold the flop. You are OOP with a bluff catcher on a very drawy board. There is nothing in the pot and it could cost a lot to find out if villain is drawing(and he is possibly getting the right odds with your small bets.)
      Bet more on the turn since villain is not too bothered about protecting his hand(probably drawing) and any river bet is only likely to get action if you are beat. On the river, Any seven,any queen just filled up. Your river bet is therefore unlikely to yield a profit. Check the river and hope villain takes a stab at the pot with his busted flush draw.

Sorry, but I don't like this hand.

4)I'd lead the flop here for 50c and if everyone folded then so be it. (If either UTG or MP1 were very aggressive I might c/c ). If called I'd C/c or c/r turn.

NH as played but I might bet a little less on the turn in case MP1 was holding a Ten.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      1) you are right but i think he should stick to the beginnersstrategy. i think i would raise it too (with reads of course)

3) i agree with you but some german coaches think its good to bet any heads up unraised pot because it only has to work 1 time out of 3

4) nunki is right. i mixed up the positions and didn´t even notice it when i talked about a check/raise ^^
      try to build a pot.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      3) i agree with you but some german coaches think its good to bet any heads up unraised pot because it only has to work 1 time out of 3

True, leading this flop for HPSB isn't terrible but there will be better spots.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´m not that begginer, although I sometimes do stupid mistakes.
      1) I of course could re-raise 1,50$ and fold to the another re-raise. I just hadn´t any stats and seemed like BB had set or two pair.
      2) Hmm, I never do these PSB, maybe I should:) turn was ugly, but that´s poker.
      3) I bet, because I had a pair. Board was very drawheavy and wanted to find out where I was. Don´t like to check river, I´ll better put in another 0,50 cents to find out if I´m still ahead. Turn should be 1$.