This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 AK in SB

• QKicker
      QKicker
      Bronze
      the BU seemed fishy

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $19,01
      BU:
      $16,81

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $1,00, BB folds, BU calls $0,70.

Flop: ($2,10) 5:club: , 8:spade: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, BU calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,10) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU calls $2,00.

River: ($8,10) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6,15, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14,25

1. Bet on turn ok?
      2. check-fold on river ok?
      3 (how) can the stats help me here?
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I think betting on the flop is ok, but you don't have to... it might cross villain's mind that you might be slow playing on a dry board. Also, villain's fold to cbet comes in handy here. I wouldn't fire a 2nd barrel on the turn... just check/fold.

You can likely 3bet a little more preflop since you are both deep and you will be OOP.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you're almost 170bb you can 4x it preflop out of position, both to build a bigger pot for when you hit and to discourage him from messing with you in position by giving him a worse price on a call.

History and stats like fold to cbet% are useful on the flop, ask yourself whether you can get him off a pocket pair and/or whiffed overcards on such an innocuous board. If you think you can c-betting is fine, if you don't then maybe plain check/folding is better unless you want to commit to barreling more streets.

The turn card is mostly bad for your hand and won't scare anybody off, so unless you c-bet the flop with the intention of betting most turn cards because you think he's peeling the first bet with overs , i think you should just give it up at that point.

Folding the river is best.

Hope it helps.