Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $19,01
      BU:
      $16,81

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $1,00, BB folds, BU calls $0,70.

Flop: ($2,10) 5:club: , 8:spade: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, BU calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,10) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU calls $2,00.

River: ($8,10) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6,15, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14,25

1. Bet on turn ok?
      2. check-fold on river ok?
      3 (how) can the stats help me here?
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I think betting on the flop is ok, but you don't have to... it might cross villain's mind that you might be slow playing on a dry board. Also, villain's fold to cbet comes in handy here. I wouldn't fire a 2nd barrel on the turn... just check/fold.

You can likely 3bet a little more preflop since you are both deep and you will be OOP.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you're almost 170bb you can 4x it preflop out of position, both to build a bigger pot for when you hit and to discourage him from messing with you in position by giving him a worse price on a call.

History and stats like fold to cbet% are useful on the flop, ask yourself whether you can get him off a pocket pair and/or whiffed overcards on such an innocuous board. If you think you can c-betting is fine, if you don't then maybe plain check/folding is better unless you want to commit to barreling more streets.

The turn card is mostly bad for your hand and won't scare anybody off, so unless you c-bet the flop with the intention of betting most turn cards because you think he's peeling the first bet with overs , i think you should just give it up at that point.

Folding the river is best.

Hope it helps.