NL 1K i give up

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i am very profitable on nl200,400 and 600 but i keep loosing the money i win on those limits on nl1000.

like today i won around 750$ on nl200-600 and lost around 650$ NL1000 and its so frustrating. 5 hours play and 100$ to show for it :(

so i think i am simply gonna give up and stay put and just farm nl 200-600 till i get bored with it.

sorry for whining but i had to get it out of my system
  • 8 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure risk/reward is a basic strategy you should look into.

You can get filthy rich if you can (as you say you can) beat NL 200/400/600.

Profit * time = $$$$.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I really dont see any reason to frustrate yourself while trying to beat NL1k when you can grind easily NL200-NL600, make very solid ( very ) income and just have fun =)
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Switch to BSS if you're SSSing. NL1K is full of regulars and SSS isn't the best option against them.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      hmm i dont know. i dont have that much confidence in my postflop game and i dont have the BR to BSS nl 1k.

but maybe its about time that i switch. will give it some thought.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      I really dont see any reason to frustrate yourself while trying to beat NL1k when you can grind easily NL200-NL600, make very solid ( very ) income and just have fun =)
      Originally posted by Vargan
      I'm pretty sure risk/reward is a basic strategy you should look into.

You can get filthy rich if you can (as you say you can) beat NL 200/400/600.

Profit * time = $$$$.
      hmm i think im gonna take your advice.

im doing fine as it is now on nl200-600. i wouldnt say i can get filthy rich on these limits. but atm i make around 4k a month which is fine.

thanks for the advice :D
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      SSS is like the most boring think you can do, it's like farming gold in wow, I think SSS is a good way to start play poker but do it for a living.. nah.. so boring. Start BSS at NL25 and learn from there, remember when you play poker shouldn't think about the money, just about playing solid. SSS might be profitable but I don't think you can enjoy it for long time. I think fullring is pretty boring aswell, started playing SH last months and wow it's so fun. So much reading compared to FR.

Just my point of view. I could go on by telling how much I hate SSS players and how untalented they are but I wont do it :) Fighting Man!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ksh198
      SSS is like the most boring think you can do, it's like farming gold in wow, I think SSS is a good way to start play poker but do it for a living.. nah.. so boring.
      for me $$$ = fun. at least at the moment.
      when i get bored i might switch to BSS. but right now i cant bring myself to it too much reading and studying and i would certainly miss the profits i am making now.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      Originally posted by ksh198
      SSS is like the most boring think you can do, it's like farming gold in wow, I think SSS is a good way to start play poker but do it for a living.. nah.. so boring.
      for me $$$ = fun. at least at the moment.
      when i get bored i might switch to BSS. but right now i cant bring myself to it too much reading and studying and i would certainly miss the profits i am making now.
      Yea + im pretty sure you would be more bored and tired having regular 8h/day job for 1k/month.

I mean i know its not all about money, but 4k/month shouldnt be that boring :P