low pp's oop -6maxNL

• kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      I would like some advice from 6maxNL players

Let's say it's a typical low limit 6max table with a lot of limp/call pf

We have a low pp in the sb or bb and there are 2 or 3 limpers; Do we raise our usual 6-7BB or just complete/check
      Now i don't have a standard line, it really depends on how the table is going
  • 2 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I'm not a 6 max player but this is fairly common NL poker sense: if you think they're likely to pay you with weaker hands after the flop, complete no matter what other circumstances there may be. Otherwise, if you're sufficiently likely to get the pot without a showdown and you're not likely to lose a lot with your 7s out of position (which you shouldn't be), raise. Otherwise, complete unless there are special considerations like very short stacks.

Completing and raising are both reasonable standard lines without this information at 6 max I think.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kexix!

I play 6max NL. I would recommend that you just complete/call/check your small PP oop on low limits because on these limits - as you have written already - you get called too often and with overcards on the flop and oop it is difficult to play these PP unless you hit your set. Secondly if you hit your set on these limits you usually get a payoff. So just see a cheap flop. If you hit a set - get a payoff, if not - just fold. On higher limits - where people fold more hands preflop a different strategy might be appropriate but on low limits thats what I recommend.

Good luck!