[NL2-NL10] NL10 T6o

• Pokstaz
      Pokstaz
      Bronze
      Did I played this one right? My mistakes?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($16.37)
      UTG ($4.51)
      Hero (MP) ($10.96)
      Button ($20.90)
      SB ($12.47)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6, 10
      1 fold, Hero checks, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.45) 10, 6, Q (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.45) K (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, Button calls $0.22, 1 fold

River: ($0.89) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.77, Button raises to $2.30, Hero calls $1.53

Total pot: $5.49 | Rake: $0.36
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I think it's advisable not to post blinds until you are BB preflop. On the flop, you should bet since the board is very drawy.

As played, on the turn, you should bet much more (closer to pot) since, it is now incredibly drawy and fold to a raise.

I am check/calling a reasonable bet on the river or folding to a big bet. Betting is bad because no worse hands will call... so just check/call so 2 pairs or worse hands will bet. As played, I think you're unlikely to be raised by a straight and not even a 9 of clubs would do so.... it's likely that only an A of clubs would raise that river so I would fold to a raise without any decent reads.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by rickydaprince
      I think it's advisable not to post blinds until you are BB preflop. On the flop, you should bet since the board is very drawy.

As played, on the turn, you should bet much more (closer to pot) since, it is now incredibly drawy and fold to a raise.
      I'm with you so far.

As for the river i think with the 2nd nuts a bet is in order, you can get calls from a club, two pairs, maybe worse you never know without reads how bad the guy can be. I agree we're folding to the raise tho, very few people will raise anything other than the Ac in that spot. Maybe if he raises very small and your guts tell you he could be bluffing look him up, but mostly folding will be best imo.

Hope it helps.