[NL20-NL50] NL25, AK and AQ post-flop

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hello, I would like to know your oppinion about these two hands. Any comments, suggestions, and what would have been the best moves overall, and why? Thanks in advance.

AK:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $34,41
      Hero:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $1,00, 4 folds, Hero raises to $3,00, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,35) J:club: , Q:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $4,53, UTG2 raises to $9,06, Hero calls $4,53.

a) I should or shouldn't have made a conti-bet here? Why?
        b) And if I did, what would have been the best move then? Fold, reraise, call? Why?

Turn: ($24,47) 8:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $12,62, Hero folds.

Even if it was a bad move to call flop, but since I've got to turn, should I have folded here, or not? And of course - why?

Final Pot: $37,09

AQ:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $39,00
      Hero:
      $25,20

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , A:spade:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) 2:heart: , T:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,60, SB calls $1,60.

Turn: ($5,45) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,88, SB raises to $7,76, Hero raises to $22,60 (All-In), SB calls $14,84.

What would have been the best move here? Fold after opponents reraise? Or anything else? Why?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) a) with backdoor flushdraw, overcards and that you may hold the best hand you can check back flop
      b) I think call is fine, if you think player can make some moves, like 88, KT then you should shove since you have fold equity and you might be ahead
      c) fold seems fine. Don´t think he is bluffing enough times that you should get all-in
      2) I think you shouldn't´t fold your hand although player is passive and since you´re not folding your hand then I like shove more than call on the turn, since he can hold there worse hands than yours and after you´re all-in you don´t have to worry about scare cards on the river