[NL2-NL10] NL25 KJo freeplay

• 4 replies
    • Smileyphil
      I'd be leaning more towards check/fold on the turn. Maybe call a small bet and reevaluate river.

In an unraised pot I don't go broke with TPGK.

Would be interested in what a judge thinks though.
    • fakedurrr
      I would prob fold o n turn cause lost of draws completed or u could be already behind against hi s range, even against fish its almost coinflip
    • noclaninator
      I play these situations kind of weird. On one hand in an unraised pot you should not go broke on top pair. On the other hand you want to protect your hand.

I will say though that I check the flop, and bet/fold almost every turncard. If you let the board develop a little bit then you get more information. It is much uglier when you put half your stack in, and then have to fold....or worse make a bad call and lose the rest of your stack on a weak hand like KJ. This is just me though.

On the other hand, if you do play it aggressively I prefer potsize or slight overbet on this flop. You have to price out the draws and on this board not many hands beat yours. The only monster you are running into is trip twos or MAYBE KQ. This is probably a good line too.
    • burek2000
      Hey goudviske,

I bet potsize on the flop.

On the turn it then gets close to push or c/f because both OESD and FD completed on the turn, 9 :club: is really the worst card you can see, but I would still push, since a weaker king will pay you off, maybe even Q if players are bad enough and you still have to protect against 4th :club: . But c/f turn and river is also no mistake at all.