This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Moving up from $15 to $30 FT SnGs

• davodka
      davodka
      Bronze
      (If this post more belongs in the SnG strategy discussion, is it possible to move it? Thanks)

Hi,

I've been grinding the full tilt hyper turbo SnGs (300 chips only, 3 min blinds, pretty much p/f every hand) and currently am playing the $14 + 1 limits. After a couple of months I now have the bankroll to comfortably move up to $28 + 2 SnGs (and almost the $42 + 3 too) but I'm concerned about some things:

1. While I try to stick to Nash using ICM trainer I have become accustomed to using the ranges given by SnG Wizard for the $14 limits. If I move up a limit should I initially stick to the SnG Wiz ranges I'm used to for the $14 limits and see if it works? I have a friend who plays the $28 limits and he thinks the style of playing is a lot looser in certain spots to what I'm used to at the $14 limits.

2. I'm only 6 tabling at the moment. My ideal style of playing would be to play a minimum of 8 - 9 tables ( I can't fit them into my computer screen dammit!). I wanted to iron out simple leaks in my game before both playing more tables and moving up a limit since I still am unsure as to what to do in certain scenarios.

3. I think also that part of the reason I'm hesitating to move up as well is scared money / new playing environment etc. I know that will pass in due time though!

Any advice? Bite the bullet and move up, or iron out leaks and get comfy with 8 - 9 tabling first?
  • 6 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Its alsway tricky moving to a new limit, but what I have always done is play 75% my normal limit and 25% the new limit. I usually lose a few tables as well so I can take some notes on the new limit for any changes I will need to make. I think thats a good way of easing into a new limit.

Once you think you have all the changes you need go for it 100%
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      hey would love to talk to you about the hypers sometime if you have a chance?
      add me on skype? neversummer8913
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      watch some video's and post a looooot of hands. Assigning good handranges to the wizard in important, buth it's hard and pretty always a guestimate.
    • davodka
      davodka
      Bronze
      Thanks. I'll try the 25% new / 75% normal style when I can, so I can discover new trends. Will do this after I pay off a debt though. It also gives me more of a chance to strengthen my game before moving up. In terms of posting hands, a lot of the pushes and folds are quite elementary and its just the case of estimating hand ranges but if I have any tough spots I'll post hands!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi davodka,

Are you still playing turbos?

I only mention as I am currently grinding the 30+3 regs (non turbo) on Full Tilt, and whilst I can be a bit of a donkey at times, I do tend to run pretty hot on occasions too. I always try to avoid tables with fellow community members :)

Good luck and keep up the good work,

Best regards,

Bart
    • davodka
      davodka
      Bronze
      Sorry yeah I play the $14 + 1 hyper turbos currently. I'm going to mix up playing those with the $28 + 2 turbos, probably 33% of the time since i can only fit 6 tables on my laptop screen at the moment. Hopefully I can save up for a larger monitor and multitable a bit more...