[NL2-NL10] NL 10 SBvsBB

• fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players - View hand 321178
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP3: $13.00
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $2.00
      Hero (SB): $2.29
      BB: $10.11
      UTG: $13.78
      UTG+1: $11.83
      UTG+2: $14.23
      MP1: $2.64
      MP2: $10.05

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with T :heart: 5 :heart:
      8 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold

My usual SBvsBB steal almost with ATC against opponent with huge fold BB to steal and fold BB to SB steal
      is it good to steal with ATC? :)
  • 4 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Yes in a steal situation your cards aren't really important.

It is however important to consider your table image and the stats/reads you have on the blinds.

If you have raised the last 3/4 hands this probably is a bad time to steal.

One point I like to stress is not to go broke too lightly if your steal is called. Cbetting is fine but there is no sense going broke with bottom/second pair.

Remember if they called and they have Fold to Steal 90+ the chances are their hand range preflop is stronger than yours.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      yea, for sure, I woudlnt go broke even with TP no kciker agaisnt many opp.
      I would only cbet some flops whcih wouldnt prob hit their range too often but they will mostly 3-bet so then its easy fold
      ty Phillie
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      If someone has a big fold bb to steal percentage. You can consider not c betting at all if you miss the flop after he calls. There is a good chance he has a good hand that he is willing to call you down with even if its only over cards.

Also if the BB is able to win the extra money from you cbet then he might be more willing to call you again, so im more inclined to leave out the c bet if the blind is tight.

Ofc he could also be weak/tight then its a bad idea to leave out the c bet.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey fakedurrr,

with reads/stats that villain isn't defending his blinds there are players on microstakes against which you can steal any 2, just stay alert if they show resistance because then they will most likely be very strong.

Only thing I would advise you to do is to decrease raise size to 3BB when you steal regularly so your steals become cheaper.

Regards,
      burek2000