[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo fold

• fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players - View hand 321188
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $20.48
      UTG+2: $4.51
      MP1: $2.38
      MP2: $2.10
      MP3: $3.01
      CO: $10.04
      BTN: $14.09
      SB: $1.90
      Hero (BB): $1.94
      UTG: $12.01

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :diamond: A :spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 5 folds, SB raises to $0.60, 3 folds

Villain 9/9(450) Shortie I respected his raise from SB cause there were limpers and I wasnt sure if he is able to isolate raise so I was taking it as value raise

Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 321190
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $5.75
      BB: $2.04
      UTG: $2.24
      UTG+1: $2.19
      MP1: $12.67
      MP2: $31.61
      Hero (CO): $2.24
      BTN: $12.21

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A :diamond: K :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 7 folds

Villain Shortie 10/10(150) but when I checked him the day before I started to play on one Site, there he has 6/6 but abyway, he probably has tight UTG raising range so good fold right?
  • 6 replies
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      In first situation - push.
      Second one - your fold is probably good decision.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      First hand should be an easy push.

If he is a genuine SSS player he should be raising 77+, AJ+ here and as such we are a long way ahead of his range.

Second hand we make our decision based the gold reraise chart.

Reraise chart is probably easiest in actual game play and if we look up a 10PFR raise from UTG we can see that in late position we should reraise with AKo.

Sorry but I think folding is too weak in both these situations.

Edit: Because it is 8 handed in the second example we should actually look up a raise from UTG+2. This actually makes it an even better push.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      heeey Phillie, today I ve finished readign ur blog
      but do u really phink he will raise from UTG lets say TT+ Aq+? even agaisnt this range we have 49percent equity and maybe he will fold AQ on reraise adn there are no dead money in there ... so I doubt it is profitable

1st I guess I made a mistake but I wanted to see him playing and he cold even fold some of his hands so DEad money + FE will make a easy profitable push - thanks for analysing
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey fakedurrr,

in the first hand you have a clear shove, since shorty will raise in SB the same range he would in the late position and AK is ahead of that range, besides the 2 limpers make the push even more profitable.

In the second hand, you can lay down your AK against UTG openraise of a shorty.

If you haven't done so yet, then read this article, it should help you play against other short stackers...

How to play against other SSS players

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      How do we know which chart to use? The Silver SSS chart or the Gold Reraise chart?

I assumed the Gold one. But you are right. If you run the EV it does seem unreasonable for us to be ahead here.

So realistically we only use the gold article against non-SSS?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      How do we know which chart to use? The Silver SSS chart or the Gold Reraise chart?

I assumed the Gold one. But you are right. If you run the EV it does seem unreasonable for us to be ahead here.

So realistically we only use the gold article against non-SSS?
      Hey Smileyphil,

I advised silver chart here since OP is silver member and this is only NL10 hand.

The silver chart is correct against all SSS players who play standard SSS(according to basic SHC). However, gold chart is more advanced because it's based on villain's PFR. So, with gold chart you can reraise correct also against SSS players who adapt their starting hands and loosen or tighten up as well as against all other players, since you adapt your reraise range to their particular PFR. One important thing here is to have a decent sample size in stats before you base your decisions on their PFR.

Then the final step is to have very big sample size and take a look at villain's positional PFR and put it in the equilator and see which hands have positive equity against his range and push those hands, that's even better than the gold reraise chart as it's based also on positional PFR not just average, but you really should have at least 500+ hands on villain here. e.g. some people might have very high pfr in LP and very low in EP so, their overall PFR is quite average, but you should raise them very tight when they raise in EP and very loose when they raise in LP.

Regards,
      burek2000