This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Qq Nl50

• lekarz20
      lekarz20
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($56.55)
      BB ($64.38)
      Hero ($50.50)
      CO ($120)
      BTN ($56.40)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 3:spade: 9:heart: 4:club:

Hero bets $3, CO raises to $8.37, Hero calls $5.37

TURN ($21.49) 3:spade: 9:heart: 4:club: 6:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $14, Hero raises to $40.13 (AI), CO calls $26.13

RIVER ($101) 3:spade: 9:heart: 4:club: 6:spade: J:diamond:

CO 25/15 3bet 8 fold to cbet 31 WTS 31 raise cbet 31

Considering his raise cbet i decided to just call and play c/r any turn what do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against aggressive player it is fine play
      Also you can 3-bet flop and get all-in, but since board isn´t that drawy I think b/c flop, c/rai turn is also fine
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      @turn: Why c/r ? If you check raise only better hands will call you. His line looks to me very much like a set on the flop. TT+ he would mostly 3bet preflop. There are some draws possible too, but not that likely.

C/F turn too weak?
    • xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      Based on his aggression as described by lekarz20, I would not believe only sets are possible on flop. He would be capable to play AT+, TT, JJ, 88, 77, 55 this way in my opinion.
      Isn't it more probable that he would just call with a set? As said, it is quite dry flop and for villain, there is no need to get heroe's possible unpaired broadways to fold.

As played, I do not think there is another way how to deal with this situation.
      I think QQ is too strong here to fold on turn and if you decide to just check/call turn, there would be probably too much money in the pot anyway.

If hero decided to go broke with QQ on such a flop, I think his line is fine. More I think about this line, more I like that.

Just my 2cents...