duplicate accounts in PokerStars

• bencarl
      bencarl
      Bronze
      I have a problem regarding my account. It is not my intention to create multiple accounts for confusion. I recently passed the quiz and created an account in PokerStars. However, I forgot that I have an existing account. The old account is just for play money, but this new account is for PokerStrategy to transfer the real money already. PokerStars told me that I have indeed a dupicate account. Please help me on how to fix this. I want the old account be deleted. How can I reconcile this? Thank you
  • 11 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Theres hundreds of people in all the communities that have been trying to get retracked to stars. There hasn't been much success and I doubt there will be any time soon. Theres not enough incentive for them to retrack accounts when most players will end up playing there anyways.

You will unfortunately have to pick a a new platform, you can contact our support department through the help tab near the top right of the page.
    • bencarl
      bencarl
      Bronze
      Hi. I really appreciate your reply. As of now, I have resolved my problem with PokerStars. They maintained my original account. However, the userID i provided in PokerStrategy is the one deleted by PokerStars. How can i change the usedID i sent? Thank you
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi bencarl,

I've answered under your other question. Basically you need to contact PokerStrategy support using the following link:

Best regards,

Bart
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      you can't

Wish pokerstars allowing to dlete account, but they dont. Most of my friends had an account there b4 we found this site pokerstrategy.
    • bencarl
      bencarl
      Bronze
      So did they encounter the same problem before? I thought that the old account is not capable of receiving the starting capital that's why I created another one. I didn't know that there will be confusion. So, you are saying that they already tried changing the userID they provided in PokerStrategy and yet fail to do so? Thanks
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Unfortunately you'll have to open a new account with a pokerroom to receive the starting bonus, or be tracked and get strategypoints!

sorry, just how the whole thing works, you'll have to pick a new room.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey bencarl.

You CANNOT recieve the PS.com starting capital at PokerStars because you previously held an account at that site.

You CANNOT change your ID here and hope to use that at PokerStars because you already held an account at that site.

What you are asking for is known as re-tracking an existing PokerStars account to be linked to PokerStrategy.com. This won't happen (except, perhaps, via devine intervention) as linking an existing PokerStars account to PokerStrategy will cost PokerStars money. THEY WON'T DO IT!!!

Hope this is clear, and good luck selecting another site on which to receive your starting capital.
    • bencarl
      bencarl
      Bronze
      Ahh really? oh well :( There are no possible ways to do it but to create an account with other poker sites. So I will just create an account in my chosen site, then PS.com will send the starting capital there? How could PS.com determines where should they transfer the money since I already have two sites? Thanks. One more thing, does the starting capital given out only once per account user? Thank you very much...

The people in this forum reply faster than the customer support group hahaha... Thanks a lot guys.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi bencarl,

There is indeed only 1 starting capital per user (although sometimes we do give out second capitals as part of promotions).

We don't determine the room to transfer the money - you do. So you chose where you want the money sent to and simply inform us about it. Just write a ticket to the support: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/help/ and tell them to which of your entered accounts you would like the starting capital to be sent to. Make sure that the account was created with our bonus code though ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I hope I don't inspire stupid actions now, but... back when I registered, it said that you can just create a new PokerStars account if the old one was only used for Play Money. Is that not true anymore?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by awishformore
      I hope I don't inspire stupid actions now, but... back when I registered, it said that you can just create a new PokerStars account if the old one was only used for Play Money. Is that not true anymore?
      no, you can't create more than one PokerStars account per person no matter whether it's play or real money one.

There was small period when it was possible to get accounts not older than ~1 year to get retracked (if they weren't already tracked to other affiliate), so that may be what are you reffering to. Sadly, it was available only for 1-2 months and I, personally, doubt it will be ever possible again.