Fulltilt versus PokerStars.

• Aur0rA
      Aur0rA
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Sorry for this question, I assume it must often be asked, but I really would appreciate a little help regarding where I should put my bankroll.
      I still have the first deposit bonus on both room.And I'll get the full amount (+600$).

Firstable, I'm a SnG player.I'll be multitabling at about 8 to 14 tables.
      I'll be playing18 players at 15$+1 and 90 players at 11$+1 and other Sng around 10$ to 22$ buy-in. So I'm looking for fast tournaments fill-up, especially those with 90players or 180 players. :D

I'll also be playing some big field tournaments at those buy-ins too.

After some calcultations,to give you an idea, I should be just a little bit under plantinum at Stars (which means some months I'll be able to reach platinum level, others I'll only be at Gold level.)

I've carefully been looking at the FTP rakeback, the ironman, the diverse promotions .. And I've done the same for Stars, now all things taken into consideration I ... Well I have no idea where I should go :f_grin: It really looks pretty close to me ..

That's why I need your help ^^
  • 10 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I play on Stars all the time and the MTT SnGs fill up really fast there. Mainly people like th 2 table, 5 table and 20 table SnGs. The rakeback is difficult though and it becomes more important to become a high volume player if u want to have a good deal with rakeback on stars. Hope this helped :)
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      rakeback on stars is useless until supernova.

imo the volume on stars is a little bit higher but the rakeback you will get on FT outweighs this.

imo go FT til u can play enough volume to reach supernova on stars
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Full Tilt everytime for general poker, rakeback, promotions etc.

Stars for occasional tournaments.

That's how I do it anyway ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I think you can start playing in FT until the end of the year. Then by January next year you can start playing in Pstars, this way you have the entire year to reach supernova. :)
    • Aur0rA
      Aur0rA
      Bronze
      Okay,
      Thank you very much everybody =)
      Since it points toward FTP, I think i'll deposit there :]

One last thing, regarding the rakeback (and yes I've already carefully read the topic about it)
      Does promotions like those : http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/doubles/the-doubles
      reduce the rakeback ?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aur0rA
      Okay,

One last thing, regarding the rakeback (and yes I've already carefully read the topic about it)
      reduce the rakeback ?
      Hi Aur0rA,

If you buy in for cash or $T = no not at all.

If you buy in or qualify/attempt to qualify by using FTP (points) your net earned rake will be reduced by approx $0.005 (and your rakeback by 27% of that) for each FTP spent.
      The effect of spending points however is relatively small so can also be a good way of qualifying.

Hope this helps, good luck on Full Tilt,

Best
    • Aur0rA
      Aur0rA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Okay,

reduce the rakeback ?
      Hi Aur0rA,

If you buy in or qualify/attempt to qualify by using FTP (points) your net earned rake will be reduced by approx $0.005 (and your rakeback by 27% of that) for each FTP spent.
      The effect of spending points however is relatively small so can also be a good way of qualifying.

Best
      Hi EagleStar88,
      I think you misunderstood my question (which was not clear, my bad)

The double promotion is about 2 linked tournaments. basically, if you finish in the money in the 2 tournaments, they give you 3% of the jackpot.
      those 3%, let's say are 20$ are added to you other winnings. Will those 20$ reduce the Net rake ?
    • TeemuP
      TeemuP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Okay,

reduce the rakeback ?
      Hi Aur0rA,

Best
      Hi EagleStar88,
      I think you misunderstood my question (which was not clear, my bad)

The double promotion is about 2 linked tournaments. basically, if you finish in the money in the 2 tournaments, they give you 3% of the jackpot.
      those 3%, let's say are 20$ are added to you other winnings. Will those 20$ reduce the Net rake ?
      No, the jackpot winnings are not a "bonus", they are part of they buy-in you do when you register to the doubles. For example, in the Early Double, you pay 1$ to the jackpot if u register to both of the the tournaments. Then if you win a part of the jackpot, the winnings are reduced from the jackpot - There is at any point no money that FTP would give you, its all gathered from the buyins.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello my friend,

Well if it's money they have added (outside of the players buyin) then effectively yes it would affect your net rake, however it would be spread across all the players, so if it was like $1,000 added value and 1,000 players registered, then your net rake is reduced by a $1 and rakeback reduced by 27cents.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with these particular tournaments and whether the extra prizes are value added (by Full Tilt) or a small proportion of your buyin.

General rule is that anything value added by Full Tilt will be deducted, if it's part of the buyin then you've already paid the rake/tournament fee.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, by all means shout if above not clear.

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: Read this bit first - Sorry not reading things very well today, have now just seen that you mention you contribute towards it as part of your buyin - therefore no, wouldn't affect rakeback.

Going for a lie down, hopefully better responses will resume from me tomorrow :D
      Thanks for bearing with me ;)
    • Aur0rA
      Aur0rA
      Bronze
      Okay thank you both =)
      That clarifies it ^^
      next step : cash in FTP :D