Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $6,45
      Hero:
      $5,02

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:spade: , K:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,22) 8:heart: , K:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,15, MP2 calls $0,15.

1) a) I probably shouldn't have called preflop, but it was an unreasonable bet I suppose, and my hand didn't look so bad, so was it the right choice, or I should have folded anyway?
        b) Since I've got here anyway, should I have made that protection bet, or not?

Turn: ($0,52) T:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,37, MP2 raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,02, MP2 raises to $5,04, Hero calls $1,77 (All-In).

2) a) I've made another protection bet against possible flush and straight draws, since now I have two top pairs, right?
        b) but then I got reraised - what could that mean? What would have been the best move here?

Thank you in advance.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Kinda hard to answer for the preflop call, there are pros and cons, your opponent being apparently a bad player fits in both categories. Calling is fine because you have position, 100+bb stacks and a hand that can make strong top pairs as well as straights and flushes. It's bad because this guy is not going to be as easily predictable as another tag, so you'll have a harder time getting away from a top pair which might be dominated since his preflop raising range isn't super wide. I would also call because exploiting bad players is why we play poker and i'm confident i can manage postflop with position, but if you find yourself losing tons of money with dominated top pairs maybe you should stay away.

As played postflop against such a player i don't think you can play it any differently, his line could be a slowplayed AA/AK/KQ or even something worse he's spazzing out with, so once you hit top two to beat all his Kx, i think you have to go with the hand on the turn and deal with the rare losses when you run into a set/J9. If the board was dryer maybe calling the turn in position to let him continue his betting might be better, but as it is another card making a flush or a straight possible would be bad for you whether he has them or not (if he does you're beat, if he doesn't he'll be scared).

Hope it helps.