Video Prob

• matti2k
      matti2k
      Bronze
      Hi, I've been trying to make a video of my own lately, but some problems occur.
      Does anyone know how to correctly configure the video capture programs (I've got Camtasia, Camstudio & windows media encoder).
      Sometimes it just crashes and other times I've only got sound or I can only play it in the player of the program.
      Oh yeah and in WME everything works fine but when I try to play the movie it freezes. Need help thnx

regards
  • 9 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hmm sorry i ve no idea about camtasia. But i will ask our french head admin Guillaume. He is an expert with Camtasia.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Guillaume
      Guillaume
      Diamond
      Hello !

I'm sorry, i didn't really have to deal with the problems that you just described, and my knowledge of Camtasia does only apply for the problems I've been confronted with. ;)
      But I guess you have to start with the beginning : Video programs are pretty greedy on resources, do you have a computer that is good enough ? Did you try to capture screen and shut down every other programs like PA/PT or such ? Did you try to export/produce your captured video in a format that is easier to read for your Media player, like .AVI ?
    • matti2k
      matti2k
      Bronze
      Hi!

Ehm after a lot of efforts I managed to find a way to produce videos without having to deal with those errors. I know have sound and video which was ofcourse my goal :) .
      It had something to do with my codecs; as for some reason I kept on having probs using particular codecs. I'm currently busy on making a solid video and I'll be posting it on the forum soon as the English forum really needs more uservideos. It's imo a good way to be pointed on your mistakes, improve your and others gameplay.

thanks anyway guys!
    • CheapAs
      CheapAs
      Bronze
      sorry to hi-jack the thread but is there anyway i can download the videos? I don't have room on C: to stream them i run out of space, or anyway to set flash's temp cache somewhere else? cheers
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I'm sorry but its not possible. we don't want that the video go public on p2p for example.

They should be around 100-200mb big acn't you make a bit space on c:?

An alternative would be to install your brower on a bigger hdd then the video will be downloaded to this location.
    • CheapAs
      CheapAs
      Bronze
      I knew that would be the case , thanks.
      I run 2 operating systems on a 10gb hard drive and use this drive just for the os's so space is an issue even 100mb , when i run the vids the low space msg pops up. I'll try and run firefox from different location thanks for the help.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm you run a VM in linux?
    • CheapAs
      CheapAs
      Bronze
      I havn't a clue what a VM is sorry. Virtual Manager? heh
      I run a normal pro xp on this and a stripped down copy of xp on the other partition which I use for producing music on, which runs only 80mb of memory on start up. No chance of doing any of that now as i've turned into a poker addict :tongue:
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Ahh alright... thought you have Linux as your main system and running windows in it (in a VM - virtual machine)