This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cannot Win at Showdown anymore!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      When I started NL100 FR BSS I ran incredibly well. However Party poker then returned to normal and my downswing happened which has eliminated almost all of the winnings I made playing this variant.

I looked through my hand groupings Since my DownSw0ng started, Highlights are;

Three of a Kind, Set - Lost $288 (as opposed to High Card - Lost $263.)

2 Card Flush High - Lost $80

Ak - Lost $50

QQ - Lost $80

I lost the most with

77 - Lost $280

In fact, I really didn't win with much apart from AA or KK.....

Anyway, Just had to vent my feelings somewhere. I really hate getting QQ now because Every time I see a flop with it, its an A high Flop which ruins my action.

I'm not saying I can't improve or that I'm even a good player, I probably fold in the wrong places and call in the wrong places. Its just I really get the feeling I'm getting stupidly unlucky at the moment and its kind of frustrating. I see regulars making quite a lot of bad plays yet I can't win myself. Its getting a bit old now....

I guess I might quit Poker after clearing my next PartyPoker Buy-A-Bonus. I just don't think I have any natural aptitude at this game or ability to deal with the small swings (this is technically a small swing right?) that are part of it.
  • 1 reply
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      thats a pretty big and brutal swing for NL FR if you're a winning player imo (unless you're hyper-aggro, like some of the famous mass-grinders on stars, i think), not just a small swing. in SH i guess this would be more a standard swing