[NL2-NL10] NL4 AT multi pot

• calldark
      Just sat down and clicked post by accident, as did CO.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, T.
      Hero posts deadblind, CO posts deadblind, MP2 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.16, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.86) T, K, 4 (4 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.66) T (4 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.66) 2 (4 players)
      MP2 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $4.60, CO folds, BU folds, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.78.

I am concerned that this whole hand played with mistakes.

1) Preflop - I think its ok to make best of bad situation and iso-raise?
      2) Flop - not c-betting into multi way was ok?
      3) Flop - completing the action and calling with mid pr- mistake or not?
      4) Turn checking seemed like a mistake as I lost value
      5) River - shoving trips (NB I tend to do this maybe too much when I've got a nutty hand - sometimes I'll see hands like JT call or a stubborn King) so try and get most, I tend to think worse hands might pay a min raise at best, and those that call more than a min raise will likely call a shove. Was this wrong here tho?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

1) It's fine obviously, tho i would raise even bigger given all the dead money in the pot. $0.28 would do the trick.

2) Assuming you're still playing on pkr and it's as fishy as you described last time i don't hate a c-bet for value there being out of position and all, but checking is okay.

3) You get close to the odds you need with a likely 5-outer, and since all since players look bad you might even be ahead against random garbage, QJ, Tx, it's not a good situation per se but it's not a bad call either.

4) Sure. Now you have the mortal nuts against those guys, just bet out something they can call with Kx/QJ to get value, nobody will care that you line is so transparent.

5) Nothing in the action suggest that anyone has anything strong at that point, i think you're better off making a smaller value raise to the likes of $0.8 to maybe get looked up by a worse hand, unless people on pkr tend to think you're bluffing if you shove, which on most poker sites they won't at first. If MP2 had bet like $1 repping Tx or a good Kx then by all means just shove and expect a call, but there i think nobody has much.

Hope it helps.