Mtt S&go

• panosxvii
      panosxvii
      Bronze
      Hello everyone.I have a problem and i could really use some help..I like tournaments instead of cash ganes but I don't have the time.So I prefer to play at the MT S&GO tournaments were there is a field of 45-180 players.What strategy should i follow?The sit and go strategy or the MTT strategy?
  • 2 replies
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      SnG is a type of tournament that starts when all the players are sited in, as opposed to a regular tournament where the game begins at a certain time. Sng are of two types : STT and MTT , single table tournaments, and multi table tournaments, so to answer your question is : for example to play a 90 ppl sng you have to use your MTT skills.
      As you would expect there are many shared concepts between STT and MTT but you always have to adapt to the payout structure and number of players ( both 45 ppl sng's and 180 ppl are MTT's but you have to change your strategies a little)
      hoped this helps, i'm a MTT rookie so i can't really detail, but i suggest you get some books . (harington on holdem)
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I was wondering a similar thing today, recently I have been playing 18, 27 and 45 ppls SnG's on FT. At what number do you alter your strategy to MTT? Even in the 27ppls there are often a couple of monster stacks at the final table, where as the 18ppl half of your table will join you on the final table, surely this means if you've built up an image you can take advantage at the final table?