[NL2-NL10] NL 5- KJos

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I put the opponent on Ace. I don't know whether it was the right decision to continue betting and throw him off his ace. General review of the hand is appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (UTG) ($5.21)
      MP ($5.63)
      CO ($6.09)
      Button ($7.90)
      SB ($11.20)
      BB ($8.28)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
      Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds, Button calls $0.05, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.17) K, 4, A (3 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.17) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.75

River: ($2.67) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

Total pot: $6.67 | Rake: $0.30
      Main pot: $6.67 between Hero and BB, won by BB

Results:
      BB had A, J (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
      Hero had K, J (two pair, Kings and Jacks).
      Outcome: BB won $6.37
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Start by raising KJo if you're going to play it, which you aren't forced to do from UTG fold it if you like, but limping it is the worst option of all three.

Just call the flop bet in case he's just full of it and fold to further action, it's not worth getting yourself involved by turning a perfectly good hand into a semi bluff at nl5. In our experience trying to bluff people off a top pair at microstakes is probably the worst idea you can get into your head, most players there don't even intend on folding it.

As played when he bet/calls the flop i think his hand is mostly Ax and sometimes a draw, just give up and check back the turn you're not folding any Ax by betting the turn, and probably not even by betting the river as well.

As played river valuebet is fine to get a call from Ax, too bad he 'coolered' you on that river card.

Hope it helps.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Thanks....exactly what I wanted to know