[NL20-NL50] NL25 76o resteal from BU

• GrantJennings
      MP2 is passive loose preflop, but will shove big hands directly. I felt he'd fold to the 3-bet 90% of the time.
      BB is aggressive player who seems imaginative and deceptive, thus I felt this move would have a high chance of success against a player who could think that I:
      A) am observant enough to expect him to raise limpers (I did expect a raise, and was planning this resteal)
      B) imagine that I could do this play with QQ+ (I feel that I could in this spot).

I have been playing tight, and have shown down 0 hands that I've raised or 3bet in more than 100 hands this session.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 6.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds, BB raises to $2.00, MP2 calls $1.75, Hero raises to $6.75, BB calls $4.75, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($15.6) T, 6, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.6.
  • 3 replies
    • VTomukas
      From my point of view (if I'd were BB), there is no way I can put you on monster (your call showed you'd like to see a flop with 3 more players on the flop - that would be very bad play, and only could be applied, if BB is almost always isolating limpers. He has to be a maniac).

I his place I'd 4bet preflop any hand I raised with.
    • Kaitz20
      Interesting approach
      I wouldn´t take that line, since I would most of the times never limp, rather isolate myself ip. Also to make limp/raise profitable BB should isolate quite loose pf, since most of the other times he´d just go with his hand by 4-bet/calling
      If you´re going to limp/raise then c-bet is fine
      I guess that would often work if you don´t get 4-bet pf.
    • GrantJennings
      Since MP2 was a limp-bot, openlimping into most pots given the chance, I got many opportunities to see how BB handled limpers into his bb - he'd almost always try to punish them with a raise, which gave me the idea of re-punishing him.

MP2 wouldn't call for serious chips preflop without a monster, but he would defend his limps with a call of a 2-bet much of the time. So if I 2-bet there, I'll end up taking a flop hu with the fish ip, which is a good result... but it was near the end of my session, and I was feeling creative, expecting BB to raise light, and thinking about squeezing him against MP2.

Of course, I couldn't do this kind of play against a player who only raises limpers with a hand. VTomukas, if you are at my table, I'll have to be much better behaved :f_cool:

Thanks for the comments. I felt weird/tilty after this hand, and wanted some feedback.