This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 76o resteal from BU

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Gold
      MP2 is passive loose preflop, but will shove big hands directly. I felt he'd fold to the 3-bet 90% of the time.
      BB is aggressive player who seems imaginative and deceptive, thus I felt this move would have a high chance of success against a player who could think that I:
      A) am observant enough to expect him to raise limpers (I did expect a raise, and was planning this resteal)
      B) imagine that I could do this play with QQ+ (I feel that I could in this spot).

I have been playing tight, and have shown down 0 hands that I've raised or 3bet in more than 100 hands this session.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $44.70
      BU(Hero):
      $27.10
      SB:
      $15.10
      BB:
      $30.35
      UTG1:
      $24.55
      UTG2:
      $55.55
      MP1:
      $24.05
      MP2:
      $24.85
      MP3:
      $27.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 6.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds, BB raises to $2.00, MP2 calls $1.75, Hero raises to $6.75, BB calls $4.75, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($15.6) T, 6, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $15.6.
  • 3 replies
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      From my point of view (if I'd were BB), there is no way I can put you on monster (your call showed you'd like to see a flop with 3 more players on the flop - that would be very bad play, and only could be applied, if BB is almost always isolating limpers. He has to be a maniac).

I his place I'd 4bet preflop any hand I raised with.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Interesting approach
      I wouldn´t take that line, since I would most of the times never limp, rather isolate myself ip. Also to make limp/raise profitable BB should isolate quite loose pf, since most of the other times he´d just go with his hand by 4-bet/calling
      If you´re going to limp/raise then c-bet is fine
      I guess that would often work if you don´t get 4-bet pf.
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Gold
      Since MP2 was a limp-bot, openlimping into most pots given the chance, I got many opportunities to see how BB handled limpers into his bb - he'd almost always try to punish them with a raise, which gave me the idea of re-punishing him.

MP2 wouldn't call for serious chips preflop without a monster, but he would defend his limps with a call of a 2-bet much of the time. So if I 2-bet there, I'll end up taking a flop hu with the fish ip, which is a good result... but it was near the end of my session, and I was feeling creative, expecting BB to raise light, and thinking about squeezing him against MP2.

Of course, I couldn't do this kind of play against a player who only raises limpers with a hand. VTomukas, if you are at my table, I'll have to be much better behaved :f_cool:

Thanks for the comments. I felt weird/tilty after this hand, and wanted some feedback.