Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12.00
      Hero:
      $5.70

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) 8:spade: , 6:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($4.25) 8:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero raises to $3.70 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.75

Thoughts:
      - Happy with the hand until the turn I think. Not sure on the turn whether I should raise his minbet for protection/value or whether I should get a cheap look at the river to try and complete my full house/see a cheap showdown.
  • 2 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Probably a bit bigger bet on the flop. 1.25 or 1.50 would do it. On the turn when he bets, this looks like a ridiculously bad defensive bet. You have to call for sure, but raising is really thin. I would have made a tiny raise since I'm about 99% sure he is beat here, but calling turn is not horrible.

Then you river the nuts and he puts out his horrible defensive bet again. He wants a showdown but he is not paying too much. If he would have even bet like $1 on the river then going all in would be the play since he has likely got a straight. I would raise to 0.75 on the river (or whatever you feel he can call with worse than a straight). If his bet is a "trap" with a straight then you will not miss value anyways and he will reraise you. As played, there is very very little more value that you can get out of the hand, so well played anyways.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I'd bet more to $1.25-$1.5 as stated to shove the Turn

As played, besides Tx (crazy) and 5x, you are way ahead imo so I just jam it especially because 1bb mindonkbet is like a check to me

Go for value, people can/will call your shove on the turn with FDs, twopairs, toppairs, overpairs etc.etc.

Best regards,
      Gerv