[NL2-NL10] Raise before me - preflop

• Torka
      Torka
      Bronze
      If I am in late position and UTG opens up with a raise and someone in MP calls that raise and I am on the Button with JJ - should I fold or go all-in there ?
      Is there a difference between a raise and a call of that raise before me , and raise and a reraise before me?

Thanks for your help!
  • 2 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      A raise and a reraise is a big red flag for me, but a raise and a call is a different story especially if the raiser is loose. Even vs a UTG raise JJ isn't that good though and a fold isn't too weak but I usually would shove this spot. The call is usually just extra dead money with hands as weak as like QT offsuit. Shoving is no mistake that's for sure.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      A raise and a reraise is a big red flag for me, but a raise and a call is a different story especially if the raiser is loose. Even vs a UTG raise JJ isn't that good though and a fold isn't too weak but I usually would shove this spot. The call is usually just extra dead money with hands as weak as like QT offsuit. Shoving is no mistake that's for sure.
      So:

Opponent 1 raises $1 , Opponent 2 reraises to $4 , Hero (on BTN) folds JJ

Opponent 1 raises $1, Opponent 2 calls $1, Hero goes all-in with JJ

Cheers!
      Gerv