This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Raise before me - preflop

• Torka
      Torka
      Bronze
      If I am in late position and UTG opens up with a raise and someone in MP calls that raise and I am on the Button with JJ - should I fold or go all-in there ?
      Is there a difference between a raise and a call of that raise before me , and raise and a reraise before me?

Thanks for your help!
  • 2 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      A raise and a reraise is a big red flag for me, but a raise and a call is a different story especially if the raiser is loose. Even vs a UTG raise JJ isn't that good though and a fold isn't too weak but I usually would shove this spot. The call is usually just extra dead money with hands as weak as like QT offsuit. Shoving is no mistake that's for sure.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      A raise and a reraise is a big red flag for me, but a raise and a call is a different story especially if the raiser is loose. Even vs a UTG raise JJ isn't that good though and a fold isn't too weak but I usually would shove this spot. The call is usually just extra dead money with hands as weak as like QT offsuit. Shoving is no mistake that's for sure.
      So:

Opponent 1 raises $1 , Opponent 2 reraises to $4 , Hero (on BTN) folds JJ

Opponent 1 raises $1, Opponent 2 calls $1, Hero goes all-in with JJ

Cheers!
      Gerv