[NL2-NL10] AA - min c/r on somewhat coordinated board

• rasputin
      rasputin
      Bronze
      Hi.
      I was new at the table, so i haven't had any reads yet.

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0,08, MP1 calls $0,08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,08, Hero raises to $0,40, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0,32, MP3 calls $0,32.

Flop: ($1,34) 6:heart: , 5:heart: , 6:club: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,75, MP1 raises to $1,50, MP3 folds, Hero...

I don't know what his min-raise preflop means... Whatever, normally people at NL5 play draws passively, particularly out of position, so i think chances are higher that he also has an overpair or tries to steal the pot.

Should I call on the flop to disguise my hand, or 3bet/push (i think folding is not the right play)?
  • 4 replies
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      I'd just call here and decide on the turn.
      I'd put him on any pocket pair or maybe even on two overcards (like KT or KQ, they love to play hands like that)
      Probably wouldn't fold if he pushes turn. You win most of the time.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      This is a perfect flop for you , you can be almost sure to be ahead. Since you also have the backdoor nut flush draw you can slowplay it since he only has 2 outs. On the other hand i dont think he is folding a high pocket pair even if you push him all in right now , especially on this low limit.
    • rasputin
      rasputin
      Bronze
      thx for answers.

i agree that pushing vs an bad opponent would be a no brainer.
      i only called, because i reasoned that though any high card on the turn could kill my action, the majority of possible turn cards are blanks.

I'd put him on any pocket pair or maybe even on two overcards (like KT or KQ, they love to play hands like that)

Nice oberservation :D .
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'd stick in another raise on the flop in case a big card comes on the turn closing villain down as a medium PP is a big part of villains range here I feel.