This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NonShowdown Winnings

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      This is probably really obvious, but I'm new to this funcionality in HEM.

I notice that my non-showdown winnings increase when I play more aggressively post flop, but my showdown winnings decrease. That is, they seem inversely related.

Is this simply because I am inducing more folds by my opponents by 3betting postflop - e.g. on the Turn - but when they do not fold and the river is checked down, I am less often ahead against those hands that have called my raise?

If I've got that right, what's the best way of balancing SD and Non-SD winnings?
      Do I need to worry about balancing them?
      And if I don't need to worry, which should I concentrate on (which forms a greater part of a player's winnings, on average)?

Grateful for your thoughts,

Tim64
  • 2 replies
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Hey,

Yes you are right =)
      On 2+2 they made some good post about nonSD winnngs en SD winnings..
      It's not bad if you got a negative nonSD line, SD line is more important.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      if u are a winning player be careful about making changes to your game balance, after all, winning is most important :)

i have both my showdown and non showdown winnings going exponentially positive. this is because I rarely push all in. Im more inclined to 3bet preflop and make conti bets on the flop. I find this play more profitable overall at NL100 and beyond where players think more :P