How to get PartyPoints quickly?

• 8 replies
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      play higher limits or play more tables

(sss = a large number of partypoints quickly - but pp doesnt have a lot of tables)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Playing MTTs it is impossible to accumulate points quickly
      and playing higher limits or more tables when you are not ready to do so will cause you to go broke
      forget about making lots of money/points at the beginning of your career, that is completely the wrong thing to be thinking about. Be patient, keep working on your game, and slowly but steadily you will climb through the limits. Once you are good enough and have the bankroll to play higher limits you will get more points.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I disagree with above. Since partypoker suck balls they take away your $50 starting capital in 3 months if you dont accumulate like 150 partypoints or something.

Multi table the !@#$ out of NL10 and NL25 short stack strategy depending on bankroll and you will have no problem accumulating enough partypoints. Once you get that then you can slow down and play what u like, improve your game etc. This plan should probably include taking the money off of partypoker and transfering it to another site. Did I mention I hate partypoker?

Maybe it has something to do with the high rake they charge? I think on the low limit tables it is as high as 7.5% or 10% rake. HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR TOURNAMENTS!?! This site does not display their entry fee in a typical manner. Instead of displaying it as "$X + $Y" they just display it as "$X". They have something to hide!!!!! their $1 tournaments would have to be displayed as "$0.75 + $0.25" and their $3 tournaments as "$2.50 + $0.50", and finally "$5 + $1". Did I mention that I hate this site?

Once you get above NL50 or $11 SNG's it is fine, but partypoker does nothing generous for the player. On full tilt not only do you pay less rake, but you will get rakeback. Pokerstars has amazing things for people who play lots. Even the smaller sites give rakeback or bonuses where partypoker doesn't.

/end rant

Sorry about that, I went a bit off topic there. I just couldn't help myself, sincerest apologies. On topic again, lots of short stack strategy as it is the best way to accumulate points on any poker site. You can multi table more, and play higher limits. Good luck at the tables.
    • hahahihi
      hahahihi
      Bronze
      so, if i dont collect 120 more points in next 2 weeks, im gonna lose evrything i have?

man, that sucks!
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I've done 14 points in 2 days playing at NL2, shouldn't be much of an issue collecting 120 points in 14 days at NL10/25, it's about 8 a day...
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      To get points, I just multi table at slightly higher limits of NL. With FL you pay far more rake per hand, so that gets you far more Points per hand too. They slaughter the NL players in any point races because of this.

When playing mostly NL100 and a bit of NL50 I estimate I make a bit more than 10 Partypoints per 100 hands. I guess that's not very helpful for you though :/
    • Flipzors
      Flipzors
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hahahihi
      so, if i dont collect 120 more points in next 2 weeks, im gonna lose evrything i have?

man, that sucks!
      If you go to Account - Overview, you'll see:

Availble
      In-Play
      Restricted
      Total

I believe that if you don't clear the required amount of Party Points, only the restricted amount will go. It is possible that you'll have more Available money than restricted (and thus some will still be left in your account).
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      I disagree with above. Since partypoker suck balls they take away your $50 starting capital in 3 months if you dont accumulate like 150 partypoints or something.

Multi table the !@#$ out of NL10 and NL25 short stack strategy depending on bankroll and you will have no problem accumulating enough partypoints. Once you get that then you can slow down and play what u like, improve your game etc. This plan should probably include taking the money off of partypoker and transfering it to another site. Did I mention I hate partypoker?

Maybe it has something to do with the high rake they charge? I think on the low limit tables it is as high as 7.5% or 10% rake. HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR TOURNAMENTS!?! This site does not display their entry fee in a typical manner. Instead of displaying it as "$X + $Y" they just display it as "$X". They have something to hide!!!!! their $1 tournaments would have to be displayed as "$0.75 + $0.25" and their $3 tournaments as "$2.50 + $0.50", and finally "$5 + $1". Did I mention that I hate this site?

Once you get above NL50 or $11 SNG's it is fine, but partypoker does nothing generous for the player. On full tilt not only do you pay less rake, but you will get rakeback. Pokerstars has amazing things for people who play lots. Even the smaller sites give rakeback or bonuses where partypoker doesn't.

/end rant

Sorry about that, I went a bit off topic there. I just couldn't help myself, sincerest apologies. On topic again, lots of short stack strategy as it is the best way to accumulate points on any poker site. You can multi table more, and play higher limits. Good luck at the tables.
      Hmm in some ways i agree with your comments about high rake and less tables. But i disagree with the fact that partypoker has no bonuses and you have to agree that there are far more bad players playing partypoker than pokerstars and fulltilt. At 25nl on PP theres enough tables to be comfortably switching tables with 9 tables constantly playing.