$42.54
      SB:
      $32.35
      BB:
      $43.59
      MP2:
      $17.02

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.25) 9, A, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($15.25) K (2 players)
      SB bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($36.25) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $36.25.
      Results follow:

Villain is super aggressive in blinds, often 3betting my steals both in SB and BB by this point in our short history (3bet vs steal: 43% in SB (7) 33% in BB (15)). Cbet 88% as pfr. Got the feeling he had me pegged as stealing loosly (True :D ) and was almost automatically restealing but no certain reads until this hand.

I can't like this board but given villain is c-betting almost every flop, I will call. The turn brings a pair and I still have the g/shot so I call a 2nd barel. I think river check is fine since no worse hand is calling on this board.

Main question - aside from specifics of this hand - is how to play against a player who defends his blinds really hard by auto-3betting our steals? Are we better off calling or must we 4bet more loosely? I 4bet a few hands earlier with QQ and he folded, but regularly 4betting with the marginal hands I might steal with, like suited connectors, and building $9+ pots seems a little frightening. It also means he wins a ton by pushing against my 4bets if I have to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      KTo is too loose to call, even ip.
      I would much more 4-bet to 8$ expecting he´d fold very high %
      Other thing you can do is call QQ+ and play your hand aggressively postflop.
      Like if you hold QQ and flat his 3-bet then min-raise his c-bet on 368r board and he´d often would push with any pair there, thinking you can be bluffing there
      not really sure this is the best board for floating and it also hits a lot of his 3-bet range, so I think better line is either fold on the flop, or make small raise to 10$ and then fold to shove
      I guess calling turn is fine but if he shoves river you´re at very bad spot.