This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH KTo, blind battle

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $34.64
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU(Hero):
      $42.54
      SB:
      $32.35
      BB:
      $43.59
      MP2:
      $17.02

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.25) 9, A, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($15.25) K (2 players)
      SB bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($36.25) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $36.25.
      Results follow:

Villain is super aggressive in blinds, often 3betting my steals both in SB and BB by this point in our short history (3bet vs steal: 43% in SB (7) 33% in BB (15)). Cbet 88% as pfr. Got the feeling he had me pegged as stealing loosly (True :D ) and was almost automatically restealing but no certain reads until this hand.

I can't like this board but given villain is c-betting almost every flop, I will call. The turn brings a pair and I still have the g/shot so I call a 2nd barel. I think river check is fine since no worse hand is calling on this board.

Main question - aside from specifics of this hand - is how to play against a player who defends his blinds really hard by auto-3betting our steals? Are we better off calling or must we 4bet more loosely? I 4bet a few hands earlier with QQ and he folded, but regularly 4betting with the marginal hands I might steal with, like suited connectors, and building $9+ pots seems a little frightening. It also means he wins a ton by pushing against my 4bets if I have to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      KTo is too loose to call, even ip.
      I would much more 4-bet to 8$ expecting he´d fold very high %
      Other thing you can do is call QQ+ and play your hand aggressively postflop.
      Like if you hold QQ and flat his 3-bet then min-raise his c-bet on 368r board and he´d often would push with any pair there, thinking you can be bluffing there
      not really sure this is the best board for floating and it also hits a lot of his 3-bet range, so I think better line is either fold on the flop, or make small raise to 10$ and then fold to shove
      I guess calling turn is fine but if he shoves river you´re at very bad spot.