This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 44 + Oesd

• ElvisKa
      ElvisKa
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.50
      MP3:
      $3.00
      CO(Hero):
      $4.59
      BU:
      $4.85
      SB:
      $1.18
      BB:
      $5.85
      UTG1:
      $4.92
      UTG2:
      $1.00
      MP1:
      $6.47

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4.
      UTG1 raises to $0.17, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.29, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.29, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.94) 7, 6, 5 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP1 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55, UTG1 raises to $4.63(All-In), MP1 folds, Hero ???.

UTG - very tight and very passive.
      MP1 - Bluffs a lot with A10+ even if he misses a pot, semi loose.
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hero folds!

By the way, you shouldn't even call with 44 in CO after 2 front raises... UTG might 4bet and then you've wasted your money.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Fold preflop.

Fold flop, because I wouldn't call that a OESD.

It's just not a very strong straight, you could easily end up on the lowest end of the straight and still get beat.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian
      Fold preflop.

Fold flop, because I wouldn't call that a OESD. It's just not a very strong straight, you could easily end up on the lowest end of the straight and still get beat.
      Agreed, you're never sure you'll actually get to see a flop. UTG is "very tight and very passive" yet he decided to open raise, there is a good chance he's got you crushed and depending on whether he never actually reraises you'll sometimes see a flop, sometimes get blown off by a 4bet. MP1 looks a very aggressive player against whom you probably don't have strong implied odds since he could have garbage there.

I don't hate the play in theory but it's risky and you don't need it really at nl5, better stay away altogether.

Hope it helps.
    • ElvisKa
      ElvisKa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian
      Fold preflop.

Fold flop, because I wouldn't call that a OESD. It's just not a very strong straight, you could easily end up on the lowest end of the straight and still get beat.
      Agreed, you're never sure you'll actually get to see a flop. UTG is "very tight and very passive" yet he decided to open raise, there is a good chance he's got you crushed and depending on whether he never actually reraises you'll sometimes see a flop, sometimes get blown off by a 4bet. MP1 looks a very aggressive player against whom you probably don't have strong implied odds since he could have garbage there.

I don't hate the play in theory but it's risky and you don't need it really at nl5, better stay away altogether.

Hope it helps.
      Thanks a lot.
      After this hand he player very few hands again and the only flop he went to showdown was with him having QQ.

Kind regards,
      ElvisKa