$5.85
      UTG1:
      $4.92
      UTG2:
      $1.00
      MP1:
      $6.47

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4.
      UTG1 raises to $0.17, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.29, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.29, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.94) 7, 6, 5 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP1 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55, UTG1 raises to $4.63(All-In), MP1 folds, Hero ???.

UTG - very tight and very passive.
      MP1 - Bluffs a lot with A10+ even if he misses a pot, semi loose.
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hero folds!

By the way, you shouldn't even call with 44 in CO after 2 front raises... UTG might 4bet and then you've wasted your money.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Fold preflop.

Fold flop, because I wouldn't call that a OESD.

It's just not a very strong straight, you could easily end up on the lowest end of the straight and still get beat.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian
      Fold preflop.

Fold flop, because I wouldn't call that a OESD. It's just not a very strong straight, you could easily end up on the lowest end of the straight and still get beat.
      Agreed, you're never sure you'll actually get to see a flop. UTG is "very tight and very passive" yet he decided to open raise, there is a good chance he's got you crushed and depending on whether he never actually reraises you'll sometimes see a flop, sometimes get blown off by a 4bet. MP1 looks a very aggressive player against whom you probably don't have strong implied odds since he could have garbage there.

I don't hate the play in theory but it's risky and you don't need it really at nl5, better stay away altogether.

Hope it helps.
    • ElvisKa
      ElvisKa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian
      Fold preflop.

Fold flop, because I wouldn't call that a OESD. It's just not a very strong straight, you could easily end up on the lowest end of the straight and still get beat.
      Agreed, you're never sure you'll actually get to see a flop. UTG is "very tight and very passive" yet he decided to open raise, there is a good chance he's got you crushed and depending on whether he never actually reraises you'll sometimes see a flop, sometimes get blown off by a 4bet. MP1 looks a very aggressive player against whom you probably don't have strong implied odds since he could have garbage there.

I don't hate the play in theory but it's risky and you don't need it really at nl5, better stay away altogether.

Hope it helps.
      Thanks a lot.
      After this hand he player very few hands again and the only flop he went to showdown was with him having QQ.

Kind regards,
      ElvisKa