SSS results

• Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Having just completed 5000 raked hands, I thought some other PS members might like to see here. Included is a profit graph and some PT stats.

My true win-rate probably lies somewhere between -2 and 8PTBB/100 hands. The Standard Deviation of my hand sample is 25PTBB/100.

Of interest is the 5000 hands break-even stretch and two nasty dips of 10 & 12 buy-ins. As you can see though, the SSS prevailed and I didn't go broke.

Main lessons learned:

1)Review your play when on a losing streak.

2)Don't bluff calling stations.

3)Be selective in who's blinds you go after.

4)Don't forget 2&3 no matter how you are running.
  • 9 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      5) Never stop trying to get better...

6) Never think you know everything!

Anyway,

good job. You actually past the first major lesson of becoming a good poker player.

The psychological point of view is that especially for the SSS you need a lot of patience. And once adepted to this, it will be a great help for your later game.

Please keep me informed how you are doing in the future.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • tommi91
      tommi91
      Bronze
      Ooh, finally finished 5k raked hands too. At one point thaught it couldn't happen, but a bot learning and everything is all right ;)
    • Varekai
      Varekai
      Bronze
      were you playing several tables at a time? If so, how did it affect your winnings compared to when you played one at a time?

I've been playing for a while (one at a time) and after something like 2k raked hands im only up 2-3 dollars, how normal is that? I was wondering if i should start playing multitables and see what happens or what.

cheers
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      It's better than being down, which is probably the case for most people after 2k raked hands (or even broke before then). But multitabling is highly recommendable unless you genuinely can't handle it.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Μultitabling especially with the SSS is easy because it doesnt require too much thinking and everything is automated , especially in low limits. So if you ever wanna show profit and move up on limits you must eventually learn to play on more tables
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Either that or play live, more hands is the primary benefit of online poker after all.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I actually think that multitabling for SSS is better than playing on a single table. You are more busy all the time, with just 1 table you might try something stupid if you're bored and haven't had a playing hand for a long time - atleast that's how it was for me.

also
      7) make notes of players, atleast that has helped me alot making (good) decisions in some hands :)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Varekai
      were you playing several tables at a time? If so, how did it affect your winnings compared to when you played one at a time?

I've been playing for a while (one at a time) and after something like 2k raked hands im only up 2-3 dollars, how normal is that? I was wondering if i should start playing multitables and see what happens or what.

cheers
      I played on one table until I was sure I was making reasonable decisions pretty well automatically. I'm OK now with four. I tried six but it was a bit hectic at times.

If you scrutinize every hand where you put at least 1/2 your stack in the pot you will have a good idea of how you are playing. If you are playing well then consider another table. It cannot be stressed enough that your short term win-rate (ie.50,000 hands or less) gives a poor indicator as to how well you might be playing on any number of tables. After 700 games I was down $20. After 2000 I was about even.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Consider upswings and downswings,, in the end I´ve earned 60$ and I´ve played a lot:) . Don´t know exactly, but if I´m close to 20 k (800 PP). Yesterday I´ve tried my new monitor and 9 tables was peace of cake:D , sadly I should move down, because it´s not very good to play almost 1/3 in your stack.