Reply to NL SSS'ing

• Zervin311
      Zervin311
      Bronze
      Ye, I had some laughs on 0.10/0.25 SSS'ing as well. Some guy with 94 VP called my all in with 62 offsuit against my aces. I lost ofcourse. My kings also lost to his J4 offsuit. Later I min raised from the button with A10 to isolate him on the button. Flop comes 10 8 2, two hearts, he bets, I go all in. He insta calls and shows 32 offsuit, turns a 3. Yap, I was sort of tilted after that, espicially considering my previous 7 pocket aces had been dogged.

It seems that no matter how bad the player, you can never beat them. Poker is wierd.

Anyone else got any similar stories?
  • 9 replies
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Today in my first 45 hands BSS I lost against 2 sets with AK, AT TPTK and I lost against a higher straight... -2BI. I stopped playing for the day. No big deal. You play shortstacked taking the easy route, so just accept that little variance:D
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Zervin311 and Frakkk,

Sorry to hear about your unlucky times.
      But, Keep playing A-game poker and you will eventually come out ahead.

Don't forget to keep reading the Strategy Articles, Strategy Videos, Coachings and also posting hands in our Forums.

Goodluck and Regards,

Kyle.
    • Zervin311
      Zervin311
      Bronze
      For those still interested, my stats of

Expected All-in Value: 135$
      Money won: 0$

Has in 2 hours of 15 tabling turned into + 105$

Variance is brutal
    • FineWork
      FineWork
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zervin311
      For those still interested, my stats of

Expected All-in Value: 135$
      Money won: 0$

Has in 2 hours of 15 tabling turned into + 105$

Variance is brutal
      If you dont like variance you should switch to bss where you will have bigger winrate and lower variance.Also bss is better in long run coz you will eventually change to bss.
    • Zervin311
      Zervin311
      Bronze
      Well, I can't play 16 tables of bss on a 15 inch screen, if the system works why mess with it :P
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Put it this way....

How offten does a SSS player go all in in comparison to a BSS? SSS oviously goes in alot more...Say you lose 4 BI in SSS this now means you'll need to win 4 hands to win it back....

Playing BSS you lose the same amount (80bb) 4/5 of there stack, Now they can win that all back in one hand!

Apart from that playing BSS you're playing for max value, surley you want as much value as possible from your hands?

Also BSS is alot more fun, you have alot more freedom than a SSS player. Personally i love opening my ranges up completley creating a nice table image and then getting my big hands payed of big, because no one believes i actually have a hand :D
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      agreed with PocketAcesJohn :D
    • Zervin311
      Zervin311
      Bronze
      Again, BSS means you get less VPP's, and you can't play as many tables, and you also have to play lower for BR reasons. Just came off a 27 table session, quite messy at a 15inch screen, but its possible. With BSS I could do around 12 max.
    • taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      Hi Zervin311,

I had weird session also on PokerStars. My first win was on 728th hand :) so all other hands before that i was just loosing or getting no action. AA's where loosing vs 106 [all in preflop, 10 on the flop, 6 on the river], KK always loosing vs Ax's and so on. I think even on the 10 tables it whould be ~1 hour of loosing, and I played that time 4 tables :D so it was ~3 horrible hours, and if i remember right ~ -13bi. I think i don't need to say that that day my BR went down :)

Well this is past, lets hope we won't get lot of days like this :)