Question about SH SHC

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      There are a few things left unexplained (or perhaps i missed them) in the article which i didnt understand in the chart. BTW im talking about silver SH SHC.
      Anyway, My problems are mostly with the actions against 1 raise and at least 1 call and actions against 1 raiser (and 1 caller).
      First, when is each one used?
      Second, what if there is a raise and more than 1 coldcaller, or a cold caller and a limper, when in those cases can you 3-bet?
      Third, in the actions against 1 raiser (and 1 caller) table, what does the Small blind/noBlind columns each mean?
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi enemaze,

I'll explain it at examples which should be easiest to understand.

It took some time finding that charts. ;)
      I will report it has a bad title and is a bit outdated too. If you look at the ORC there is A6s+ an openraise but we changed that to A5s+ as A5s is even better. That change was made over a year ago. ;)

a) "actions against 1 raise and at least 1 call"

That is a B defend range where you call.

b) "actions against 1 raiser (and 1 caller)"

This is a 3-bet chart against 1 raiser and 0-1 coldcaller.

c) "Second, what if there is a raise and more than 1 coldcaller, or a cold caller and a limper, when in those cases can you 3-bet?"

Good question. There's no chart for that. All capping hands of course. The more coldcallers the less equity you need.
      I like 99+, AJs+, AQo+ as a raw range.

b) "Third, in the actions against 1 raiser (and 1 caller) table, what does the Small blind/noBlind columns each mean?"

As you already posted some money in the SB you need less equity for a 3-bet but as you are out of position we changed it so that there is no difference anymore.
      Just go with the no blind range all the time.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith

It took some time finding that charts. ;)

link?

got it
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I have to admit that I read the chart wrong. I saw the "no blind" "small blind" and just remembered an old chart where it was wrong. Here it's fine as the SB is even tighter which results in easier postflop situations so you can use this chart very well. :)

So to explain it. If you are in the small blind you use the "small blind" column and else you use the other one.