How well does the ICM trainer represent "real world poker"?

• suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      How well does "being good at the trainer" translate into real life profit???

What difference does the choice of poker room make??

What kind of percentage of right choices you need to believe you know what you´re doing?
  • 3 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Get 95%+ consistently on the trainer on a variety of the settings over a large sample. Learn to read your opponents and put them on hand ranges. Then adjust your range to their range and you will see profits over large samples...

Poker room choice makes no difference in the implementation of ICM, if that`s what you`re asking...
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks for coming by.

Well, then I need to practice more because I´m only getting about 82-85 %.

What about the default settings, you can choose the handrange from 0 to 100 to any value to 100, and you can choose the number of players from 2-6 to 2 to 9. What is the best choice? If the poker room doesn´t make any difference then why it´s there in the first place?

And what about the "hero edge" setting? I don´t know what exactly it is but whatever kind of edge you can have over the Villain 3% seems really small in my eyes.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suaveplayer
      Hey, thanks for coming by.

Well, then I need to practice more because I´m only getting about 82-85 %.

What about the default settings, you can choose the handrange from 0 to 100 to any value to 100, and you can choose the number of players from 2-6 to 2 to 9. What is the best choice? If the poker room doesn´t make any difference then why it´s there in the first place?

And what about the "hero edge" setting? I´m don´t know what exactly it is but whatever kind of edge you can have over the Villain 3% seems really small in my eyes.
      Ah ok... the pokerroom... yeah, different rooms have different structures, so stick with what you're playing...

Hand range and edge you can adjust, but it's not super NB... hang on, I have a link that'll help, something I posted awhile ago... ICM TRAINER

Simulate the situation you feel needs work and follow those guidelines, will help a lot...