How do u pay urself?

• aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      So ur a winning player, but u dont want to move up..lets say u play Heads up 5$ and 10$ and ur doing okay! should u take all ur winnings and leave 30 buy in, about 350$ in ur account, or u should pay urself lets say 2$ per match...if u play 20 matches 40$ /day, no matter if u lose or win... what do u think is the best cashout strategy?
  • 17 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      I thinking keeping your BR at 30BI is dangerous... Generally I prefer to set myself a mark to withdraw eg. I keep my BR at min 150BI, when I hit 200 BI I withdraw 50BI and start again...
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Something similar to what the guy above me said but I do this:
      I play $3 SnG with $150 and I have some profit for the day like $20. I will instantly withdraw them to the moneybookers/neteller/visa. Not to spend them but to keep them out of the poker room.
      And when I reach my goal to have like $300 for the $6 SnG I will deposit again and work it out from there.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      why not keep the money in the account as a savings account and keep climbing limits?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Generally a lot of people will actually keep around 10 BI's online and the rest in a savings acount, then make a quick deposit if more is needed.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Generally a lot of people will actually keep around 10 BI's online and the rest in a savings acount, then make a quick deposit if more is needed.
      I don't really see why? Just more work imo..
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      And I just cashout whatever I need when I need it.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      hey, I tried to move up...played alot of 22$ and 33$ but i felt scared all the time...i had the bankroll..just felt scared..and i lost..so i dont want right now to move up..maybe next year...

I like the idea, about having 150BI and playing and cashing what u win above that..but that doesnt make feel safe..somehow.. giving my self 2$ per match..no matter if i win or lose the match...so is it gd to do so on the long run, is it +or -EV?!

for example yesterday i played 20 HU 5$ ..i only won 9 ! so i lost ..but still i won! cause i toke 20$ for myself...thats more safe poker for me...
    • kan00
      kan00
      Bronze
      My bankroll is the money I have for next summer as I want to go travelling for a couple of months. At the moment I have got my starting capital from $50 to $150 and my stars $80 to $550 :) At the moment poker accounts total $700 and i'm hoping for them to be at $2000 for the summer so I have enough for what I want to do. I will only cash out if I need the money as I would like to use BRM and try to move up the stakes.
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      I cashed out about $500 that I have won at fullring on NL2-NL5 until now
      Now I am going to learn 6max strategy so I let $50 on my account and started again at NL2..
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      why not keep the money in the account as a savings account and keep climbing limits?
      Because I may need to use the cashouts for something in between climbing limits.

Say I win $150 and I've cashed them out over a week of playing and I have what I need for the $6 SnG. Then I see some very cool electronic shit or a concert ticket or something. I go and buy it. I won't restrict myself for the sake of higher limits. I prefer buying something and thinking "Wow, I bought this crap and I am having fun with money won from the internet, who would have thought I'd be able to do that..." and I am happier this way than "Wow, I've got $400, let me play some $6 SnG and see if I can win some more!".
    • FineWork
      FineWork
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      Coz if you happen to get acc hacked somehow you dont lose your whole br
    • Gonira
      Gonira
      Gold
      Originally posted by raun
      this. higher limits = more monies.

i play nl200 and cashout $1000 per month whenever i'm up or down. it's more than enough to live as a single nobody in my country, and it doesn't hurt my urgency to become a millionaire. :P
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      cash out like 50% of your long term winrate.

Say your playing NL100 and over 80k hands your winrate is 4.00bb/100 = $8/100, pay yourself $4 for every 100 hands you play regardless of the out come...there will be times when you run super hot and more cash is left on line, but this is compensation for when you run bad and withdrew.
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      Originally posted by poldinhoo
      Now I am going to learn 6max strategy so I let $50 on my account and started again at NL2..
      Wow, the definition of a nit..
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FineWork
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      Coz if you happen to get acc hacked somehow you dont lose your whole br
      This, and also what happens if you have a problem and need quick money? You would need to wait 5 days or so for the money to clear.
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whateverdude
      why do you think I am a nit??

I can´t see the connection between cashing out and being a nit ?(
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whateverdude
      why do you think I am a nit??

I can´t see the connection between cashing out and being a nit ?(
      I may be wrong...but if you cashed out $500 at NL2 shorley you should of moved up to NL10/25 berfore the cash out? Much respect for playing NL2 with a $500+ BR :D (No sarcasum entended if it came across that way)