Is there some sort of luckometer to measure the quality of the hands I was dealt?

• suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      I am looking for some software that can tell me what was the quality of the hands I was dealt in a certain session, as a way measure how much I won/lost due to the quality of the cards.

Is there something like that?
  • 15 replies
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suaveplayer
      I am looking for some software that can tell me what was the quality of the hands I was dealt in a certain session, as a way measure how much I won/lost due to the quality of the cards.

Who cares? It's a usless thing to be tracking...

We all have dry spells and patches where we seem to get alot of beats...Focus on playing solid poker...its a long term game and theres no point beating youself up "Because you lost money due to bad cards". I'd be more concerned about an EV line than this software you request...if gives you better feed back on how your playing.
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Hey , thanks for responding.

What is a EV line?

And no, it may seem like I am just crying some bad beats but I´m not, I´m aware of the nature of the game and have no problems accepting you have to lose too.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm I'd be more concerned about an EV line than this software you request...if gives you better feed back on how your playing.
      wtf, no it doesn't
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I don't think you even want to know!
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Well it definitely exists - I used a "poker academy" simulation software that includes this very feature... so I guess it just needs to be added to PT or HeM.
    • suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      Poker Academy indeed has this feature. I will try to import my PokerStars hands and see how much donkeying I´ve been doing.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by jonnyjm I'd be more concerned about an EV line than this software you request...if gives you better feed back on how your playing.
      wtf, no it doesn't
      +1
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      if you really think u've had a bad run of cards over a given number of hands, just load the hands into pokertracker, then say u've got 10k hands, divide 10k by 220 then see if that is the number of times u saw AA, KK, QQ, JJ etc.

for example, at NL2 this week i've played 11,968 hands, so i should have had AA, KK etc 54.4 times... in reality, the actual numbers are:

AA: 49
      KK: 50
      QQ: 50
      JJ: 48
      TT: 50
      99: 51
      88: 44
      55: 62
      etc etc....
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      wtf, no it doesn't
      Yes it does....

What card you get and dont get dont tell you anything about your play...Atleast an EV line is showing if your getting your money in good or bad.

If you dissagree then fair enough thats your opinion...
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Hey , thanks for responding.

What is a EV line?

And no, it may seem like I am just crying some bad beats but I´m not, I´m aware of the nature of the game and have no problems accepting you have to lose too.
      EV line mesures the average out come of all in situations and is a good indicator as to how well or bad your running luck wise. Get alot of beats and you'll be below EV. Win most of your coin flips etc and you'll be above EV.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      wtf, no it doesn't
      Yes it does....

What card you get and dont get dont tell you anything about your play...Atleast an EV line is showing if your getting your money in good or bad.

If you dissagree then fair enough thats your opinion...
      I think that what swiss meant is that even though your EV line might be running above your real winnings, it doesn't mean you're getting unlucky, you might still be playing bad (and getting unlucky maybe).

It probably gives you a better feedback than this software OP talks about (does it even exist?), but focusing too much on the EV line is bad as it really doesn't say if you're playing good or bad.

Now... I THINK that's what he mean... I might be completely wrong and he meant something else... anyway, what I wrote above is my opinion, not swiss's. :P
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze

EV line mesures the average out come of all in situations and is a good indicator as to how well or bad your running luck wise. Get alot of beats and you'll be below EV. Win most of your coin flips etc and you'll be above EV.
      ...get a lot of setups, it doesn't show. Fold on the river when your opponent hits his draw (whatever his odds), it'll show as a loss, although you got unlucky. and so on.

If you rely on the EV line to know how good you are, then you're not going to get very far in poker.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      EV line has many limitations and is not a true reflection of how well you're playing or running. It does NOT take into account whether you have been making +ev multistreet decisions in terms of playing draws/protecting your hand etc...
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      No one said you have to relly on it.

The only thing i said is it was a better indicator than the pottential software in question.

Ofcourse over depending on the EV line is bad, it doesnt tell the whole strorey no, but the origional point was its a better indicator, thats all.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold

Who cares? It's a usless thing to be tracking...

We all have dry spells and patches where we seem to get alot of beats...Focus on playing solid poker...its a long term game and theres no point beating youself up "Because you lost money due to bad cards". I'd be more concerned about an EV line than this software you request...if gives you better feed back on how your playing.
      EV line and the thing OP talks about are both equally useless to see how well you're playing. They can both be very interresting though.

oh and i'd rate your reply as 1 out of 10, where 0 is ignorant and 10 is helpful